Then, There were Two

A bubbling pit of liquid, popping and squelching slop that almost looked to be burning to the touch. This pit was a pool of Brine, one that was created in the heart of the Abyss, where the Abyssals and their Queen reside.

The very Queen was standing on the edge of the pit, staring into it's contents in silent thought about what needs to be done. She had manpower now, but fighting is only half of what a war consists of, the other half is one she's severely lacking in.

'Logistics is as important to a battle or war as the very men who fight in it. I caught the World by surprise with the attack, but subsequent battles will not be as lucky.'

She had no way to understand where Azur Lane would go next, nor what their next goal was...so she needed a Mole. No normal person would help her cause, and even then, only the clinically insane would ever dare to, and they wouldn't have access to what she needed.

She needed something loyal, something devout...she needed a puppet.

She raised a finger above the Brine, summoning her Swordspear as she lowered it to her finger, she gently glided her finger along it, a red trail left behind as she cut her finger across the blade's edge. With one end entirely coated in blood, she took it and dipped it into the Brine, hoping this idea of hers would work in her favor.

Some of the white Brine was tainted red as her blood mixed into it, spreading the blood around the swirling pool as she pulled her Swordspear from it. She stood it by her side, watching as the process went through in the pit,

Slowly, the blood coagulated and mixed with the Brine, sinking into the substance before all of it vanished below the surface. It took a considerable length of time, but the bubbling picked back up, and it only grew quicker and more fierce as time went on.

Iowa smiled, stepping into the Brine and wading over to the bubbles as something began to form underneath the surface. She reached into it, grabbing hold of whatever it was and pulling it, dragging a loose bit of collected Brine that was in the rough shape of an arm.

"So far so good..." She let go of the arm, watching it plop back under the Brine as the shape of a human slowly began to mold itself together.

First the main body was shaped up, seemingly much like her own body in physique. Her arms and legs followed suit, and lastly, her head formed fully, long strands of hair sprouting from the end and floating up to the surface.

This entire thing took about ten minutes, but once the bubbles settled and calmed, Iowa reached her hands under the person's body, lifting them out of the Brine and revealing just who they were. As she thought, they looked nearly identical, save for the much softer features of her face, and her shorter height.

She still looked fairly tall for a girl, most likely about 5"7, and...bright blue eyes, perfect. She laid her out of the pool, standing back as she waited for her to wake up.

"Now I have a clone of myself running around. This will be a good way to gain access to Azur lane, only issue is now a name..."

She thought about it for sometime, going through several names that either seemed too simple or too suspicious...as in, they're the most basic of names. It took probably five or so minutes, but she got a name down that struck genius.

"Okay...your name will be Kiana. Kiana...Kaslana? Yeah, that works."

The girl still looked to show no signs of waking anytime soon, so Iowa picked her up to take her to a room, where she could wake up somewhere comfortable at least. This clone looked as human as can be, and proved herself a valuable asset.

She would take good care of he-

Plop!

Iowa stopped in her tracks, turning to the pool and seeing some bubbles rising and popping. The pool doesn't tend to do this on its own, only when a being was being created, as seen with Kiana.