Hand of the Devil

"Haaah..."

"Is something wrong Teitoku?"

The Admiral leaned back in her chair, putting the pen down and looking at her secretary, Takao. "I miss her..."

"Miss...who?"

"My daughter, it's been a few months since I saw her last."

Takao didn't answer her back, not really knowing what to say about a sensitive topic such as this. Instead, she got back to work on the files she was given, having gone through only half as much as Admiral Heko did.

"Mmh...Takao."

"Yes?"

Naoya pulled away from the desk, patting her lap and looking at the cruiser. With a sigh and a small blush to her cheeks, Takao stood up and put her paperwork aside, going to the Admiral and sitting on her lap.

"Thank you dear." Heko hugged her close, leaning her head against Takao's back as the cruiser tried her best to ignore the blush coming to her cheeks.

Yes, the admiral she served to was a woman, but much like the rest of the base, they were charmed by her looks and her attitude. She promised them many things, one of the largest being love, and to much their surprise, she was able to follow through.

She handled the hyper advances of Akagi, Taihou, and Junyou rather well, and to the more subtle and cold hearted ones, she opened them up and gave them new light. Naoya Heko, the Admiral of Japan's navy, brought their morale and spirit to heights never seen before.

If she was ever to be hailed as a great admiral, that would be the understatement of the century.

"I-It's nothing Teitoku..."

"It's everything to me Takao."

For many, this wouldn't seem too out of the ordinary for a male Admiral or Commander to be this personal with the Kansen, but Naoya Heko was always attracted to the fairer sex, which was a surprising reveal to many of the girls on base. Most notably because of the woman's own appearance being a cut above the rest, to the point some of the Kansen were even somewhat jealous of her looks.

Only made it easier to win them over in her eyes, but she's glad it happened nonetheless. She was about to relax fully with the dog girl in her lap, before the door to her office opened up, as someone else walked in.

"Teitoku..."

"Shinano? You're up and moving...rather often these days." Naoya looked past Takao, seeing Shinano rubbing her eyes.

"Yes...I have been having less nightmares...but these visions persist."

Naoya gently pushed Takao off her, motioning her to leave the room. Offering a quick bow, Takao swiftly left the room, leaving Naoya and Shinano alone.

"We're alone now Shinano, care to share what you've seen?"

"...Yes...I will Teitoku." The fox turned to the door of the office, listening in and hearing that Takao has gone far enough to the point she couldn't hear her anymore.

Shinano took a deep breath, closing her eyes and turning to Naoya again. "I see it clear as day...Seattle is in ruins."

"S-Seattle?" The city's name caught her off guard, and she felt the smallest bits of worry begin to seep in. "Then that means it'll be...attacked soon?"

"...No."

Naoya let out the breath she didn't even know she was holding, collapsing back into her chair. "Thank goodness...then, when will it be attacked?"