Dancing Ash

Hai yo

I'd recommend seeing the lyrics, but that's if you want too.
—————

"Oh it's been too long, way too long! I haven't been able to hold you all for so long!" Katsuragi was so cheerfully happy and carefree that...well, usually they'd be thinking it was something great, but the look in her eyes only made the thought unnerving.

Her eyes were glowing red, they could see that, but the actual gaze she held almost looked...clouded, like she wasn't seeing what truly was there. Even her smile almost looked forced."

"Katsu? Are...are you...sane?"

"Safe? Yeah I'm safe! Plus, ever since I met with God, they have been nothing but helpful in letting me live in Paradise!" She didn't hear the word correctly by the sound of it, but she still continued on.

"G-God?" Ryuujou really didn't like the wording there, worried that Katsuragi's mind may have been irreversibly damaged by whatever happened to her.

Kii took some steps towards her, her hand out to touch Katsuragi's cheek. Katsuragi didn't budge from the touch, only looking up into Kii's eyes as her smile slowly fell.

"Kii? You look...sad."

"Huh?"

Katsuragi reached up to her lips, pulling them into a smile...her frown only deepening. "No...you're truly saddened. A smile isn't enough to save you..."

"Katsu?" Kii let go of her cheek, trying to step back and away from her, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

Then, Katsuragi forcefully grabbed her arm and yanked her in, her smile returning with a hint of...strange happiness. "Don't worry...I'll save you Kii, I'll save all of you!"

Her snakes raised up from their resting position, hissing and opening their mouths to reveal sharp fangs. "There's more than enough room in Paradise Kii, I'll gladly bring you in for the happiness you all deserve!"

Kii yanked her arm away and ducked the snakes' lunge, backing away and putting her Ōdachi between her and Katsuragi. "Katsu! Snap out of it! You're not in Paradise, you're following a false God!"

...

"Did you...just call her...fake?!" Katsuragi's carefree attitude vanished immediately, her red eyes glowing much brighter as her rigging manifested next to her.

It looked much like her original one, save for the much darker colors and several attached sea-like objects and animals. Her burning rage was pointed directly at Kii, who was even visibly shaken by such rage.

"For such an insult against the one who gave me happiness...I CAN'T FORGIVE THAT!!"

"Dammit!" Ryuujou immediately began launching planes, looking toward the others. "Find anyway to restrain her and keep her down! We have to take her home with us to figure out how to change her back!"

Katsuragi's planes took off as well, the standard planes they saw on the Wo's flying off her runways in droves to combat Ryuujou's planes. Her and Kii were sharing an intense staredown, not breaking it even as Mogami and Kazagumo ran to her sides, readying a restraint attempt.

Both of them went in close, putting their weight into hopefully knocking Katsuragi off her feet...yet they barely budged her. They realized that becoming an Abyssal might have jumped her power up too, instead of just making her switch sides.

She smiled and grabbed both by the back of their necks, hugging them close. "Ooh~, I'm glad you two are at your senses! Kii here doesn't know what she's talking about, but you two know that we can achieve true happiness!"