Chapter 8/ Lunch

It had been 4 weeks since Chuuya got stabbed during the street fight.

Chuuya had recently been released from the hospital.

Though his shoulder was still sore from the injury, so he was trying his best to take it easy.

Dazai would visit him when he could at the hospital, but now that he was out, things could go back to normal.

(Somehow the brunette didn't get banned as he continued to sneak cigarettes in for the ginger.)

-

Dazai was currently lounging on his couch, his mind racing between different subject as he passed time.

He had nothing to do today, so instead he was just waiting to see if his boss would text him about a job, so he'd have something to do.

Though soon enough he received a text, the brunette dragging himself to pick up his phone to read what job it would be today.

Though to his surprise it wasn't his boss, and instead it was Chuuya asking him out to lunch.

Dazai smiled at the message, quickly replying to the message with an okay before he started getting ready.

-

"So, finally decided to make up the lunch you owe me?" Dazai said to Chuuya, the two men walking down the sidewalk.

"Yeah whatever, it was more to thank you for helping me."

"It was no problem, honestly. So you don't have to thank me."

Chuuya nodded at the man's words, the two men walking in silence before taking a seat at the chosen restaurant once they had arrived.

"So, what are you going to get?" The brunette asked, his head resting on his hand as he spoke.

"A steak would be nice, maybe some wine to go with it?"

"You and that wine addiction." Dazai joked.

"Oh shut it whiskey boy!" Chuuya shouted back, his voice teasing.

"Ya ya, whatever. Guess I'll have to stop showing up to the bar then, since my addiction is sooo out of hand." Dazai teased back.

"I never said that?" Chuuya said, chuckling at the brunette's words.

"Oh but you implied it."

"No I did not!"

"It just seems like you'd miss me if I stopped visiting you at work.~"

"Shut it! I would not!"

-

The two boys soon got their food.

The two laughed and enjoyed their time together as they ate, though when it became close to them wrapping up their meal, Chuuya grew serious.

"I- Dazai.... No never mind."

"Huh? What's up?" Dazai said, tilting his head in confusion.

"Well I was just going to ask for help, but no, it's fine." Chuuya said, deciding he can handle it on his own.

"What? Who do I need to kill?" Dazai said, lacing the words as a joke, though they both knew Dazai would actually do it if necessary.

"No one, no one, it's just-" Chuuya said with a sigh before continuing. "With my lack of money, and working all the time. I just haven't been a very good friend, and well, my friends decided to kick me out of the apartment we were sharing."

Dazai's eyes widened, the brunette now fighting to contain his composure. "They did? How come?"

"They said I was boring, and wasn't contributing enough. And that I spent too much time with some waste away at my job instead of them." Chuuya said, his eyes rolling. "Yeah they helped me when I was in a pinch, but they were, well... They never really cared unless I stuck strictly to their plans. It was draining and I was planning on moving out anyway."

Dazai nodded as he listened to Chuuya ramble. So many things were flicking through his mind he felt like he was going to explode.

"Look, what I'm getting at is I was secretly saving up money to get my own place. So if you know any places nearby here that are affordable it would mean a lot if you could point me in some direction to one.

Dazai pondered Chuuya's words for a while, a thought soon sparking in his head. "There has been this apartment for sale next to mine for awhile, it's by no means great, but it's close and affordable. That is if you're okay with living next to me?~"

Chuuya rolled his eyes, a slight chuckle escaping his lip. "I'll think about it, living next to you is kinda a throw off for me though.~" He teased, chuckling at his words.

Dazai chuckled as he pretended to be offended. "Hey that's not very nice! I'm a joy to live next to! In fact people beg me all the time to live with them even!"

"Then why has the place not been bought yet?~"

"Because uh, well, I don't know." Dazai said, unable to come up with a witty response.

"I'll let you know what I decide, thank you for the help Dazai." Chuuya said as he rose from his seat, chuckling at the brunette's words. "Now, we should get going, the store is closing soon and it's late."

Dazai nodded as he joined the ginger out of the restaurant. The two walking side by side down the street.

"So, if your, "friends" kicked you out, does that mean I'm your only friend now?~" Dazai said, his voice lined with playful intentions, though secretly he was hopeful.

Chuuya didn't deserve them, they just used him for everything and it wasn't fair, Chuuya already having enough on his plate.

"Who ever said I was your friend?" Chuuya teased back, shoulder bumping Dazai.

Dazai rolled his eyes, fake pouting at his words. "That's a shame, I really thought I was growing on you.~"

Chuuya shook his head, a slight smile on his face before it quickly fell into a frown. "Yeah yeah, but in all seriousness, you are. They could say they are kicking me out for whatever reason they want. Though I know it was only provoked because I said no to Yaun asking me out."

Dazai's eyes widened, the man both annoyed yet relieved.

He was relieved that Chuuya didn't return the very obvious feelings Yaun had for him, though he was pissed he had to suffer because of it.

"Good, you don't deserve them if that's how they treat you." He said, his hands in his pockets as he spoke.

Chuuya looked at him, a small smile on his face yet again. "Thank you for understanding and being here for me."

"It's nothing alright? I said if you needed me I'd always be here didn't I?"

-

The two men eventually split ways, Chuuya needing to head home to finish packing while Dazai caught up on doing nothing the rest of the day.

Dazai pondered over the situation while laying on his couch yet again, anger on Chuuya's behalf flairing in his chest.

Yet he was hopeful that Chuuya would soon move in next to him, guaranteeing him more time with the ginger.

(And hopefully a better life for him as well.)