Chapter Fourteen

I stared at the handsome man in front of me with a looked of pure terror. He knew that I was his soulmate. He freaking knew. How did he find out? How did he feel about this? Was he mad at me now that he knew that I lied to him? He knew that I had kept this from him all day. What if he hated me now? What if he wished I was not his soulmate? Godness if only he would just stop smiling and just say something!

"I had a hunch that it was you and then you lied to me, darling. Why did you lie to me?" He asked me and I could only stare at him in complete shock. This was a question that I did not wish to answer. Why did I lie to him? Do I be honest now? What would be the point in lying anyways? He knew it was me. Time to fess up to the truth. 

"You don't want me as your soulmate. I am nothing special. You deserve better than me so when you came over this morning with that excited expression I could not tell you that the one person you dreamed of was sadly me" I explained the full and honest truth. He deserved someone better than me. He deserved the entire world and instead, he got me. I lied to shield him from this truth. I was not the perfect soulmate. I looked down at the floor while he seemed to process everything that I said. Ky then gently squeezed my hands while placing his finger under my chin and tilting my head to look at him. 

"How could you think that? Darling, you are everything. Remember when I told you that I would always choose you even if we weren't soulmates?" He told me gently and I nodded my head. He had told me that multiple times and I have yet to actually believe him. How could he say he would choose me when we were placed in each other's path simply because we were destined to be with each other? The universe chose us to be together, we did not choose to be with each other. 

"Jayce I chose you the moment you were pulled into the library by Hak-Kun. I chose you the moment I saw you in that pink hoodie. I chose you when I went searching for my marshmallow peep and ran into you. Jayce I chose you over my soulmate and then you were my soulmate and nothing has made me any happier" He explained to me and my heart rate increased. I could tell from the look in his eyes that he truly meant every word. He chose me in every way. He chose me! I could not contain the smile that broke out on my face. He smiled at me before picking up my hands and kissing them gently. He was so cute! 

"You are my soulmate darling. From now on you are stuck with me even if you don't like it" He told me and I chuckled before looking away from him in embarrassment. This man has indeed completely captured my heart. 

"Would you like to come in?" He asked me while cocking his head toward the room down the hall and my eyes widened while my cheeks burned. He was asking me to go to his dorm. Oh goodness, he was asking me to his dorm. My heart could not take this. 

"I would like that" I decided to agree and Ky's smile grew while he gently pulled me toward his room. I could not believe this was happening. Ky and I are soulmates and everything just made sense. 

***

"I think Hak-Kun and Saori are finally going to get together," I said while cuddling closer into the strong arms that were wrapped around me. I looked up at the handsome man who was currently holding me tightly on his bed. We had been laying here since we arrived about an hour ago and simply talked about whatever showed up in our heads. Ky looked down at me while playing with my hair in a really comforting way. I could not believe we were currently doing this. If someone were to tell me yesterday that I would be now cuddling with this incredible man, I would have thought they were crazy but look at us now. 

"Really?! Are they finally going to get together? Thank goodness" He exclaimed and I chuckled softly. I did not know he shipped them as much as I did. When did he notice that they were soulmates? 

"You knew about them being soulmates?" I asked him while tracing his fingers with mine. I could not get over how at peace I felt right now. Everything felt right. Maybe this is how things are when you finally meet your soulmate. All I knew is that I never wished for this feeling to fade. Ky looked at me before kissing my forehead. 

"I spent the day with Saori. She let me borrow this book and when I read about their identification sign it was pretty obvious. They were so meant for each other!" He explained and I smiled. So that must be how he found out that we are soulmates! 

"Is that how you found out that I lied to you?" I asked him gently. I could not tell if he was still mad at me for lying. We had not talked about it since earlier. Instead, we chose to focus on spending time really close together. It was like Ky was afraid I would leave if he didn't hold me close. I was not complaining but I could not help but make the observation. 

"I read the part about the electric shock. You could have denied that we were soulmates all you wanted but the evidence was there darling" He explained and I smiled nervously. The electric shock, of course. 

"I'm sorry for lying but I could not tell you the truth. When you initially thought I was a girl, I was completely crushed. Then you told me about your hidden sexuality and I felt terrible. You had this image that I was everything you have ever wanted and I am not perfect. I'm scared that you will one day realize that. You'll realize that this was a mistake and leave me" I told him with all the fear and insecurity coming out. This was scary. Being this vulnerable with Ky is scary. What if he wakes up one day and ultimately regrets being with me? I could feel Ky's arms tighten around me and I practically shivered when I looked into his eyes. 

"I don't think I will ever understand where you get this idea from. Darling, I'm not perfect either. I have repressed my sexuality my entire life but when I found that you were my soulmate, everything started to make sense. I have never expected you to be perfect and I never will. I fell for you Jayce, not my soulmate and not the idea of my soulmate being perfect. I fell for you, the boy who was being dragged into the library, and the boy with the cutest pink hoodie I have ever seen. I fell for you, okay? I don't know how many times you need to hear it but I will keep telling you the same thing until we are old and grey" He explained while I stared into his eyes that reflected nothing but pure love. My smile widened at his words before I relaxed into his chest. Everything was going to be okay as long as I have Ky with me. My imperfect soulmate. 

Yall when I say that I absolutely swoon when I read Ky's part of any dialogue. My man gives me the highest expectations. Anyways this chapter was Jayce's pov of everything with the bonus part of them just being the best couple in the world. I hope you all enjoyed this absolute fluff of a chapter. The next chapter is more of a filler chapter but then after that, I am bringing in the subplot that becomes really important, you will see. 

~Jess