Chapter Six

I stared at my arm for a few moments after taking the pen from Soari's hands. What could I possibly write to my soulmate? He had been wondering about me all day and I knew he was waiting for my reply. What if he was sitting in his dorm waiting desperately for my answer? What if he could not think about anything else except for my potential reply? I did not know what to do. I did not know what to say. What exactly do you say to the guy who has been destined to be yours and for some reason thinks you are a girl? How do I tell him I am a guy without ruining everything? I sighed before writing the question that has been on my mind since I realized that I was not who he wished I was. 

'We are destined to be with each other. The universe chose this but would you choose me if the universe didn't do it?' I wrote down the simple question that meant everything at this moment. Would he choose me? I waited impatiently for his response while looking up at the pinkette who was currently reading her advanced Korean book. The signs that she and Hak-Kun were meant for each other were very evident, I could not believe I had never seen it. I looked back down at my arm when I felt the sting. 

'Darling, are you okay?' The message read and I frowned. He did not answer my question but he was worried about me. Was I okay? I did not know the answer. Could someone be okay when their soulmate won't like who they are?

'Would you choose me?' I decided to ask him again. The answer to this question became the most important thing to me within seconds. Would he choose me? I just needed to know. 

'Of course. I would always choose you' The words were clearly written on my arm and yet I could not believe them. 

'How do you know that for sure?' 

'Because you are my soulmate, darling' I frowned at the words. 

'Would you feel the same way if you knew I was not the person you wished I was?' I felt the urge to cry at the words I was writing. I have never felt this insecure in my entire life. What do you do if your soulmate does not accept you? 

'Darling, what are you talking about? You are everything I have ever dreamed of. We may have only found each other yesterday but you are my soulmate. You are the one person I can be this vulnerable with, the one person I could trust with everything. I promise there is nothing you could do to change how I feel about you' The words written on my arm caused the tears to fall from my eyes. The words broke my heart. The words stung my heart but my own words completely destroyed me. 

'I'm a guy' 

***

"I know who your soulmate is!" The excited blue-haired boy yelled while banging whatever he had in his hands on the table. Saori and I looked at him with wide eyes, well I had wide eyes. He found my soulmate?! How?! All I did was tell him a name and somehow he found him? 

"Wha- how?" I asked with a tone that made my shock noticeable. How could he have found my Ky? 

"It was easy actually. When you told me his name, I figured there weren't that many Kai's in the school, and with the process of elimination, I found him. Remember that list that was made last year?" He started explaining before the pinkette interrupted him. 

"The list of the cutest guys in school, the one where you were placed twelfth? I've never disagreed with a list more in my life" She said more to herself than to us but either way, it caused a massive blush to grace my best friend's face. He looked at Saori with wide eyes and she gasped when she noticed what she had declared out loud. I swear they are honestly so cute. 

"Umm yea, that list. Look who placed third" Hak-Kun quickly regained his composure while showing me the magazine that some random student published last year. I still could not understand what the point of that magazine was last year but I looked down at the table and could not help but stare. That was Ky! That's my soulmate. I stared at the most handsome picture I have ever seen before that awful feeling rose back up inside me. Fuck he was so hot. Why did he have to be my soulmate? Why did he need to think I was a girl and why did I just fuck everything up? The universe hates me. I noticed the pinkette grabbing the magazine from me and looking at the boy who is my soulmate before smiling softly. 

"I've seen this boy around. In the library actually. He was here yesterday" She said casually before slipping the magazine into her bag without anyone noticing, well without Hak-Kun noticing. It took me a second to process her words but once I did, my eyes widened. 

"He was in the library?! He was here yesterday?! What if he comes here now? Is he here now?" I quickly looked around the room trying to see if I could spot the very attractive man that the universe has cursed me with. Why did I need to end up with someone who is completely my type when I am not? How was this fair? I heard the pink-haired girl giggle slightly causing my attention to be drawn back to the duo. 

"He isn't here right now Jayce. You can relax" She explained and I sighed before slumping back into my chair. Thank goodness he was not here. I do not think I would be able to see his face right now. I just told him that I was a guy and not his dream girl and he's most likely regretting his life. 

"Yeah relax Jayce, everything is going to be fine. You guys are soulmates, there is no way he will ever hate you. None of this is your fault. Plus he's pretty cute, you like cute. Hey, where did the magazine go?" Hak-Kun tried to cheer me up by placing his hand on my shoulder before noticing that the magazine was no longer on the table where he had placed it. I looked towards the pink-haired girl who placed her finger in front of her mouth as a sign to keep quiet and I smiled softly. She definitely took that magazine simply to have a picture of Hak-Kun. I bet she has been looking for a copy for a while. I swear they are so adorable. 

"Who cares where the magazine went? It probably fell on the floor. Anyways, I need to head to class. Bye boys" She said quickly before packing her book in her bag and almost running out of the room. I chuckled softly while the blue-haired boy looked absolutely confused. I have never seen Saori rush out of the library before. 

"Since when does she call you Jayce?" The boy asked me after his shock left his face and I smiled. 

"I told her she could and then she made me talk to my soulmate. I told Ky that I am a guy" I explained and the boy frowned while once again patting me on the shoulder. 

"Oh, I'm sorry man. It's going to be okay though, you guys are soulmates. You will figure it out" He told me with a gentle smile and I nodded even though I did not fully believe him. 

"Yeah. Hey, I'm a little tired, I think I might just go lay down in my dorm before my next class" I told him after a few moments and Hak-Kun nodded. I smiled gently at him before taking my books and leaving him behind. I left the library while thinking about how absolutely messed up my life is before I was suddenly jolted back and the next thing I know, I'm on my butt. I groaned from the pain of falling on my butt before hearing someone else groan. I looked up and that's when I completely froze. I recognized that face from the magazine I had just looked at a few moments prior. I just ran into Ky. Fuck. He looked up and I swear I have never been more shocked than when I heard the first words leave his mouth. 

"Marshmellow Peep!" 

Welp Jayce told Ky that he is indeed a guy and then Jayce found out what his soulmate looks like. Don't mind why there was a whole school magazine thing, some people are crazy in this school. Anyways, Jayce and Ky just ran into each other in person. I wonder what will happen now. How do you react when someone calls you 'Marhsmellow Peep'? I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I will see you all in the next one. 

~Jess