Chapter 16- Sai Virat wedding

Mr. and Mrs. Patil gets shocked when they get an invitation for Virat and Sai's engagement and wedding. They never think that Chavan Nivas will fix these two weddings in just a 2 month gap. They got the invitation just 2-3 days prior to the engagement so that they can't create a problem.

There was no gap between the engagement and wedding. The wedding function started with the registry marriage of Virat and Sai's. After the registration the couple and their family visited Siddhivinayak temple to thank God. 

Next day was their engagement. Next morning, Virat's family came to Sai's home and both the families gave sagun to the prospective bride and groom. 

In the evening Virat and Sai got engaged in a small function attended by their friends and families. Virat customized the rings. He added their initials and date of their wedding in the rings. 

Pakhi came to Mumbai with Chavan family to help them for wedding preparations. Pakhi's mother attended the engagement. Her father couldn't come as the invitation was on short notice and he couldn't leave his business appointments.Pakhi's mother felt anger rising in her when Sai and Virat slid the rings in each other's finger but couldn't do anything. 

Next was haldi. Both the families hosted haldi together. Sai and Virat both made to sit and all happily put haldi in them. Virat sulked that everyone was putting haldi in Sai except him. Seeing his brother-in-law's sad face Karishma arranged a private haldi ceremony for the couple where they put haldi in each other. 

During mehendi all the men of the family turned to personal attendants of the women of the families and entertainers. They sang, danced and fed the ladies of the family. 

Next day, the whole family was busy practicing their dance and preparing for their performance. All happily danced at the evening function. All the couples gave beautiful performances. Samrat performed with daughter Riya and niece Harini while Patralekha performed solo. Patralekha's mother asked her why they didn't give a couple performances but Patralekha replied that she was not comfortable, that's why she preferred solo performance. Virat and Sai's friends also performed beautifully. 

Next day was the wedding. It was an afternoon wedding. Mandop was set outdoors. When all the decked up bride and groom met there was Twilight behind them. Sai became a beautiful bride in a red lehenga and emerald and diamond jewelry. Virat complemented her with an ivory sherwani. 

When they put garland on each other, the sun was setting a beautiful background for them. Soon the priest announced them as man and wife. 

After the wedding Chavan family hosted a grand reception for their family, relatives and friends. Maximum people of Nagpur attended the reception as the Chavan family is quite respected and loved in Nagpur.