Chapter 19- Patralekha and Samrat's wedding

As per plan Patralekha and Samrat's wedding preparations started with time. Samrat requested to keep it a low key affair as it's his second marriage and it may have an effect on his little daughter's mind. 

First Patil family objected saying night be it is second marriage for Samrat but first for their daughter Patralekha but later agreed not for Samrat but later they realize that many of their relatives still bad mouth and gossip about Virat and Patralekha's broken engagement and later Patralekha's marriage with his elder brother. 

So finally it was decided that they will have a low key marriage first in a marriage registry office and then in a temple. Though all the functions and rituals will be held at their own residence. A very few close family and friends will be invited for the ceremony. 

During the wedding shopping Pakhi noticed that though Samrat agreed to marry her but he was absent minded and sad. She knew that he is missing his first wife Megha and feeling that he is betraying her by giving her place in his life to Patralekha. Patralekha told him that she will never try to take Megha's place in his life but for the world she will be his wife. And it's difficult for Samrat to think about anyone else as his wife than Megha. 

Patralekha also was not interested to marry Samrat as she really didn't want to marry a person who will regret marrying her for whole life. She knew that she had sacrificed her love but she now believes that love can happen twice and she wants to wait for her second chance. 

For now she wants to pursue her career. She was always interested in studying Psychology, she had her mejor in it in graduation and now she wants to do her master's. She knew that her family will not allow her to do so as they really don't like higher education for girls. His father thinks that if a girl is ambitious then she will not be interested in household work. But her dream of higher studies can be fulfilled after marrying Samrat as Chavan's will allow her to study further. 

Both Samrat and Patralekha are in a confusing cross road none of them want to marry each other but their promise to their family is binding them together. Both of them really want to run away from the scenario but can't. 

The Patil family invited the Chavan family to their ancestral place. As per their ritual before marriage the would be couple need to sit in a Puja in their kuldevi's temple. There when Pakhi's a few childhood friends teased her with Samrat regarding their upcoming marriage she felt that she doesn't feel anything else than embarrassment. 

It made her think about her future. When she come back to Nagpur she received a envelope by post and just 3 days before the wedding she took an independent decision regarding her life, she is ready to fight for herself and her dreams now.