Prologue

Dianna looked at herself in the mirror distraught about the condition of her life. She was nineteen with nothing but horrific memories of being raped and forced into a life of prostitution. She hated the woman staring back at her and desperately wanted out. The drugs were no longer numbing the pain or disgust she felt each time she was forced to lay with a stranger. She hated this life, she hated sex, and most of all she hated the day she met Marcus Houston who tore her life upside down. He was a narcissist who controlled and manipulated her life. God, help me get out of this? she cried in her mind. She was tired and contemplated suicide again to rid herself of this man for good. 

"What's the hold-up?" Marcus knocked at the door impatiently. Dianna washed her face to hide that she was crying. "Give me a minute," she said trying her hardest not to provoke him. She was used to the abuse and death threats he hurled at her daily if she tried to escape. She reluctantly opened the door to stare into the eyes of her abuser. "There is my prize possession," he smiled looking at her with his dark eyes. Dianna walked out of the bathroom like a zombie dazed hating the body that she was in. "Let's go, there is money to be made," he announced as they left the hotel room. 

Dianna followed Marcus to his white van where his cronies Jack and Sax sat waiting as the lookouts. Dianna met the eyes of Jack who was not coy about his intentions toward her. His eyes lustfully roamed over her body as she looked the other way trying to ignore the stares of the perverted psychopath.  Jack roamed through the girls because they had no choice but to give him what he wanted. But he had eyes for Dianna. His obsession grew because he could not have her because of Marcus. Dianna knew it was only Marcus stopping him from having his way with her. The other girls hated her too. Marcus treated her differently and wanted none of the other guys looking at her. Dianna felt this was of no help to her. She was still forced to be with other men and him. Marcus selected and handpicked the Johns for her. They were usually wealthy and not like the men who the other girls had to endure rough encounters with. 

Marcus saw Jack's eyes nestle on Dianna. Marcus was the boss and he did not let the other guys forget it. Jack fell to the ground after Marcus punched him directly in the nose. The blood gushed explosively from his nostrils. "What the hell, Marcus?" Jack growled. Dianna flinched and trembled at the exchange. She knew about those punches from Marcus. She received them when she tried to escape on several occasions. "If you put your hands on her I will kill you for the scum you are," Marcus spat angrily. Dianna was confused by this man's demented loyalty to her. "Do you know how valuable she is to this operation? You can have your way with the other girls but Dianna is off-limits," he roared. Jack nodded and held a towel to his nose. Dianna closed her eyes feeling completely broken. She continued to pray in her heart that God would deliver her from this lifestyle. It was too much and she wanted the pain to stop urgently.