CHAPTER 8

Meeting Danger 

Dianna cried the entire time on her way to work. The tears kept falling and she felt lost and weary. When she thought she got some control of her life her past would come to haunt her. When she arrived at the diner she wiped her eyes and put on her signature smile hiding the hurt all bolted up inside. She started to take orders as if nothing had happened. 

Marcus Houston sat in the diner checking his phone occasionally waiting for his guys to send the signal that they rounded up the girls. He was frustrated and angry that business was moving slowly and the girls were not bringing in money like they used to. The Johns were dissatisfied and the girls were not pulling in high-quality clientele. He needed someone new and fresh that would bring in money and make his business profitable. 

Marcus' thoughts raced and settled when he saw Dianna. Dianna approached the table and smiled. "Good day sir, can I take your order?" Dianna asked. Marcus right away could see the youth and beauty radiating from her. She was innocent and perfect to propel his business to the next level. His higher-end clients would pay big bucks for this jewel. Her soft brown hair and lovely brown eyes were appealing. It had been a long time since he was attracted to one of the girls. He looked forward to breaking her in slowly. Marcus picked up that something was going on with her as well.

Marcus smiled, "Some coffee would be fine." Dianna nodded and left the table. The gentleman looked to be in his early thirties and was very polite. When she returned to the kitchen, Autumn one of the other waitresses pulled her into the corner. "Did you see that hot guy?", Autumn closed her eyes. "I guess," Dianna said. "Dianna, what's wrong with you?"Autumn said. Dianna wanted to say everything. So much was going on in her young life that she was hardly interested in a handsome face. She studied the gentleman's features again. He was fine, well-dressed, and mysterious. Dianna was not interested. Her life was a mess. 

"Do you want to carry him this coffee?" Dianna asked not at all impressed by his good looks. Autumn beamed with anticipation going to the table. Dianna took the opportunity to walk outside to breathe. She felt as if she was suffocating in her own body. What would her fate at home be? She did not want to face her Aunt Joy or Daniel.

When Autumn arrived at Marcus' table he was completely annoyed. He tried to be cordial but he was interested in the pretty waitress who did not realize how beautiful she was. He ignored Autumn's flirting and kept looking around for Dianna. When he spotted her taking orders again he started imagining how he was going to play this and wheel her into his world. He was up to the challenge and was ready to make her his latest project.

When Dianna arrived home she was immediately ambushed by Joy and Daniel. "What's wrong with you? I have done everything for you?" Joy retorted angrily pacing the room.

"What are you talking about? You have done nothing but steal from me," Dianna said boldly. Joy's eyes widened at the thought of being accused of the truth. She charged at Dianna but Daniel stopped her.

"How could you come on to my husband?" Joy screamed. "Is that what he told you? It's a lie. He came on to me and proposition me to be his side piece. I don't want anything to do with him," Dianna said bruising Daniel's ego. 

Joy slapped Dianna. "I will not be disrespected and lied to in my own house," Joy stated. Dianna was stunned and taken aback. Daniel smiled feeling accomplished for the evil web he had created. 

Dianna stormed passed them and went to her room. She was happy the twins were not there to witness this. This was becoming too much and she could not take the pain. 

Marcus had one of his guys follow Dianna and take pictures of her home and investigate what was going on. When photos emerged of the confrontation at home he knew he had hit the jackpot. Dianna needed love and he was willing to deliver it to get his most prized possession.