CHAPTER 11

Laying Down the Rules

Dianna wondered if he had heard her. Marcus looked at her quietly and blankly with no emotions as Dianna revealed that she was leaving for college and ready to start a new life. She thanked him for his friendship and care. Dianna also revealed she never wanted a romantic relationship. She told him she appreciated him but she had a lot of cleaning up to do in her own life. 

Marcus kept his cool. He did not want to be rough with her but she would learn quickly who was in control. "Dianna I am happy for you," he lied with a false smile. "I know you spent money on me so I am grateful. I don't have much but this small check to reimburse you," Dianna said sincerely sliding the check to him from across the dinner table.

Marcus knew Dianna was extremely naive to think she could get out of this. She was going to learn tonight she was his. He slid the check back, "Dianna I don't want your money." They were in a restaurant together in a private section. Dianna wondered if it was safe. "Can I have a goodbye hug?" he requested. Dianna thought nothing of it and hugged him as he slipped a substance into her drink while her back was turned. 

Dianna continued the dinner with him and drank her club soda unaware of what was in her drink. Dianna started to feel incoherent and stumbled after she stood up. "Are you okay?" Marcus asked helping her up. "I don't know. I feel dizzy," Dianna admitted. "I am going to call my aunt," Dianna said as she attempted to dial the number. Dianna could not see clearly. Marcus escorted her to his hotel room and placed her on the bed. Dianna felt numb as tears streamed down her eyes. "No, what are you doing?" she said unable to defend herself and keep her eyes open.

"Dianna you belong to me," Marcus stated as he began to take off his clothes. "I wanted you from the first day I saw you. Relax baby this is going to be real good," he continued. Dianna knew she was drugged because she could not move and slipped into unconsciousness. Marcus raped her and forced alcohol down her throat for the next three days keeping her intoxicated and grounded. 

When Dianna finally came to, her head was heavy with a splitting headache and her body felt sore and bruised. Marcus sat in a chair with a huge grin plastered on his despicable face. 

"I knew I was right about you," he beamed. "You were good. You are going to make me a lot of money," he continued getting dressed. 

Dianna sobbed still feeling hung over and drugged. She had never drunk or taken drugs before. "What did you do to me?" she sobbed. "Got my money back with interest," he continued. Dianna could not remember anything. The sight of him disgusted her. 

"Now, that you know you are mine the rules are simple. You are going to work for me. I will feed you and clothe you. You will play nice with the men I set you up with'" he explained. Dianna finally realized this man wanted to prostitute her.

"Marcus, please don't do this. I don't want to do this. Let me go and I promise I will tell nobody about this," she begged. "Oh sweet Dianna you are my property now and you will do as you are told or suffer the consequences. Be happy I like you. My employees usually have the first pick at the girls but I wanted you for myself. Because you are my prize possession, you will only work with the rich clients," he explained. 

"If you run away you risk your life," he said sitting on the bed and sliding his gruesome fingers up her legs. Dianna froze and flinched at his touch starting to recall bits and pieces of what he did to her. "Dianna, I want to take care of you but you have to take care of me," he smiled.

"Are you going to keep drugging me?" she asked turning away from him. When you follow the rules I won't have to. But the alcohol and drugs may help you forget in the beginning," he said drawing closer to her. Dianna drew back into the corner of the bed to avoid his touch. 

He stood and said, "We are relocating and then the work begins." "The next time I want you, you will give yourself to me freely. I am the boss. Get that in your head that you belong to Marcus Houston," he announced kissing her on the forehead. 

Dianna cried for over an hour trapped in that room and bed. She was wrapping her mind around the fact that there were other girls and this man was basically a pimp who masked behind his business to sell girls. He targeted her from the very beginning. Why did she agree to see him? He was leaving town with her and employed other predators. This was too much for her. He waited until she was eighteen so that when she went missing it would be ruled as a missing case with little investigation. She was eighteen now and considered an adult. All Dianna could do now was survive to get out of this nightmare. 

Aunt Joy was genuinely concerned about Dianna's whereabouts and went to the police. Of course, they had to wait before an official missing report could be filed. Daniel had officially moved out and Joy was trying to get her life on track. Autumn told the police about Marcus Houston who was known to have a record. When he was identified, it was reported he was connected to prostitution and sex trafficking. Autumn and Joy were both extremely devastated. Dianna did not deserve for this to happen to her.