CHAPTER 22

Establishing a new relationship

Dianna watched Brian's face light up when they went to dinner. He was so sweet and attentive and she felt her walls falling daily. He was on cloud nine that they were progressing beyond the friend zone. They were three months into their relationship and she was concerned because she really needed to sit down and talk with him about the abuse, and prostitution from her past. How would he respond to her sinful past?

"Is something wrong Dianna?" he asked concerned when he saw her deep in thought. He already could read her mannerisms, feelings, and emotions every time he was around her. Dianna closed her eyes.

"Are you sure you want to be with me?" she asked trying to find a way out. "I want to be with you Dianna Pearson as I am sure of the breath in my body. You mean so much to me," he said kissing her hands gently. 

"There are some things I have not told you about my past. I have secrets and I don't share them with everyone I meet. I don't know how you will react when I tell you all of them," she said. 

Brian knew there were things he could tell she struggled to tell him. "When you are ready you can tell me. But for now, I don't want to lose any precious moments with you. Let's get to explore each other and trust with no worries. Just one day at a time for now. I don't want you to give up on us even before we start," he confessed. 

Dianna appreciated his patience and kindness toward her. "Dianna I am so happy you are open to us even trying to be together," he smiled. Dianna hugged him and basked in his love, knowing eventually she could not keep her past from him forever.

Falling in Love- four months later

Dianna was in love with Brian and was so happy after a very long time. They had blossomed and grown together in love, care, and companionship. But Dianna wanted to tell him tonight about her past before it all blew up in her face. 

When she arrived at the hotel, he stared into her eyes feeling happy and excited to have this awesome woman in his life. Dianna was nervous the whole day because her spirit kept telling her it was time to tell him because they both were becoming too invested in each other. He deserved the truth and she wanted to tell him.

"Dianna I love you with all my heart and I want you to be my wife," he said. Dianna was taken aback at the sight of the engagement ring. She was not prepared for a Prospal. How could she ruin this night for him? The tears flowed from her eyes. They were a mixture of joy because she loved him so much and worry that her past would destroy their relationship. "I love you too and I want to marry you,"  Dianna cried. Brian cried too putting the ring on her finger. 

"We have to talk about some things before we move further with our future," she said. Brian was so much on cloud nine, he was not registering Dianna's concerns. He grabbed her in his arms and kissed her again pronouncing his love.

The truth comes out with heartbreak

Dianna felt unsettled at Brian's childhood home. He had told his family about the engagement and they insisted on celebrating. His parents were sincere and hospitable like always but Dianna felt Brian's sister was not too keen on their relationship. Brian had promised to sit down after this dinner so she could tell him about her past. Dianna was ready to see how much he really loved her when the truth came out. 

"Your parents are so wonderful," Dianna told him as they enjoyed the family dinner together. "Well, they are excited about their new daughter-in-law," Brian smiled holding her hand. He never realized how happy and fulfilled he could feel with the woman he loved. Dianna had changed his life and he could not wait to have her by his side forever as his wife.

Dianna was a bit uneasy feeling Amanda's eyes on her the entire evening. It was obvious she was not pleased about something and Dianna was concerned about the dirty looks she was getting from her.

Everyone gave inspiring toasts to the happy couple at the dinner. But Amanda stood up smug and dissatisfied. "I would be happy if this woman was not an imposter. Baby brother your precious Dianna was an escort twelve years ago," Amanda announced. "Amanda why would you do this to your brother," Ruth Davidson said. She thought if her daughter had any disapproval of this relationship she should have done it privately. It was in poor taste to air this out in the open.

Michael Davidson was disappointed as well. Dianna felt her heart beating so fast that it felt like she was coming down with a panic attack.  "It's not true," Brian said defending his fiance. "Look at the pictures. I had a detective dig into her past. It started when she was eighteen. Do you even know this woman?" Amanda said angrily. 

Dianna felt as if she could not breathe. She should have told him this a long time ago. Why was this happening to her? God had blessed her with so much. She had finally given love a chance but this was the result. The room was quiet as Brian looked at pictures of Dianna out with different men at a young age in restaurants.

"Dianna, tell me this is not true?" he asked as if the wind was being knocked out of him. Dianna was stunned with no words. She could not lie to him. 

Dianna Pearson was devastated when the truth came out. Brian Davidson closed his eyes in despair wrestling with the realization Dianna was an escort twelve years ago. Amanda smirked and celebrated the news that left Dianna devasted and humiliated. This happened when she was eighteen and it kept coming back to haunt her. She had moved passed this but it was fresh now because of this relationship she wanted with Brian.

Brian knew she had secrets she practically admitted it when he pursued her relentlessly but never imagined it was something like this. She wanted to tell him something for so long. Could he marry her after learning the truth? Amanda continued to gloat and was happy Dianna did not fool her brother. 

She never felt she was good enough for him. "You can not marry this woman," Amanda continued to be mean and insensitive. Brian was at a loss for words trying to digest everything about the woman he had fallen in love with. 

Dianna leaned against the wall feeling overwhelmed as the tears streamed endlessly down her cheeks. "Brian, I can explain," she cried touching his hands gently. 

"Don't," he said feeling emotions, of anger, hurt, and devastation all at once. He loved her but could not face her right now. Dianna felt her heart drop and crumbled into a million little pieces at that moment. 

The look of disappointment in his eyes left a hole in her heart. Brian walked away and Dianna was completely heartbroken.