CHAPTER 25

Finding each other again

Dianna sat patiently and waited for Brian to show up at her apartment. She had agreed to see him about a day ago and felt nervous. When she heard the doorbell she took a deep breath, opened the door, and came face to face with Brian. She invited him in as they sat across from each other.

Brian felt like it was ages since the last time he saw her beautiful face. "Thank you for seeing me," he said trying to make eye contact with her. "You're welcome," Dianna said trying to calm her nerves. 

"I am truly sorry I did not tell you everything early on," Dianna said. "It was not easy for you. I sympathize with you. It was not an easy situation," Brian explained.  

"Brian, I don't need you to pity me or feel sorry for me. I went through a lot but I am still strong and driven. My experiences were all terrible but I am not a victim. Don't look at my past alone but see who I am now," Dianna stated confidently.

"I know you are a fighter, Dianna. You don't give up easily. So why are you giving up on us?" Brain asked. 

"When you refused to listen to me explain it hurt really badly," Dianna admitted. Brian drew closer. "I am sorry I made you feel that way. I was in shock," Brian said. 

"And now?" Dianna asked. "No longer shocked but happy to be with the woman I have never stopped loving," Brian said holding her hand. They held hands quietly for a moment.

"Brian you have to be absolutely sure you want to be with me. I cannot take another heartbreak. If my past is going to be an issue between us we can't be together. I don't want you down the road living in regret. You have to accept everything when it comes to me," Dianna said voicing her concerns.

"Dianna Pearson I regret not spending every moment with you. I love you and want you in my life. I do not care about your past when we are building a future together. We have to trust each other, communicate and always share how we feel. We have to pray and allow God to lead us. I was heartbroken seeing that engagement ring and letter from you basically saying goodbye to what we have. You can't get rid of me even if you try," Brian told her confidently. 

Dianna smiled at his confession. "Are you sure you want me after knowing I was with other men? Would you be upset if I see one of these men while we are together somewhere?" Dianna asked bringing up the hard questions.

"When you become my wife, it would not matter because you will only be with me. The men from the past will have no impact on our relationship. If you ever see one of the men we can talk about it only if you like or continue on with our day. I only intervene if someone tries to approach you in my presence," Brian said looking directly into her eyes. 

"So you plan on marrying me?" Dianna asked with a huge smile. "Yes, because you are the love of my life," Brian said taking out the engagement ring from out of his pocket. 

"Brian touched her hands gently asking permission with his eyes to put the ring back onto her finger.  Dianna got lost in those hazel eyes and simply nodded. 

Brian wasted little time in placing the ring back on her hand. "I love you, Dianna," Brian said.

"I love you too," Dianna said. Brian held her in his arms and knew they were going to be together for a very long time.