CHAPTER 7

More twists and turns one year later

Dianna made sure the twins were surrounded by love with good babysitters and the excurricula activities they were involved in when she went to work. The way the kids leaned towards her you would think she was their parent. She had developed a special love for them and felt sympathy towards them. She prayed their parents would get their priorities right.

 Dianna was disappointed to learn Aunt Joy was using the insurance money her mother left after her death the way she wanted. One year had passed and Dianna was now seventeen she couldn't wait to move on with her life and leave the home. When she was eighteen Aunt Joy would lose all access to her money and she could take control of her own life and attend college. Occasionally, she wrote to Paige who missed her and still wished she had never left. The entire time Dianna felt no connection to her Aunt Joy who was always distant and too busy for her own children. 

Many days Dianna tried to pray and ask God for direction but felt lost and hopeless. She still missed her mom and needed her guidance. She would help her pray and stay focused. Dianna was realizing it was time for her to build a relationship with God herself because she had no one else. 

Dianna sighed as she sat in the living room. It was good to have the house to herself. The twins were at school and she was going to work at the diner in the next thirty minutes. She took a deep breath in simply to relax after a busy day at school. Her grades were great and there were no issues at school. Before she could relax in her peace Daniel returned home unexpectedly rattling Dianna a bit.

She had avoided this man for months and seeing him always made her feel uneasy. "Well, hello my beautiful niece," Daniel said zeroing in on her. Don't show fear, she heard her subconscious mind warn her.  Dianna avoided his eyes and decided to go in early to work to avoid the intrusion.

"Why are you always leaving baby girl? I promise not to bite," he said seductively. "Get away from me before I scream. You are supposed to be my uncle and nothing more," Dianna said heading out of the house.

He grabbed her aggressively weakening Dianna's fragile defenses. "Listen here you little slut. You think you are something special. You are not a princess. You are damaged goods. Your stepfather had his way with you. I  just want a piece of the action. Your aunt does not care about you. You and I are not related by blood. You don't have to work at that diner to avoid me when I can make your life so much easier," he proposed drawing closer to her and sliding his gruesome fingers on her arms. "You can get paid more for your services if you a willing to please me," he whispered in her ear.

Dianna kicked him in the groin and ran out of the house in a panic. She could not imagine being a victim again after the ordeal of her stepfather. His words resonated in her mind more than she cared to admit. She wanted to leave this home and needed a way out desperately.