CHAPTER 13

Breakthrough

Dianna started to secretly drink to forget the hurt and the pain. However, it did not stop her from hurting inside and feeling used and dirty. Ironically, Marcus did not want her drugged up because she was his trophy and his rich client's favorite escort. So Dianna was constantly battling depression and anxiety in isolation and acting fine when she wasn't only to survive. 

Marcus kept her clean and she could not become an addict when she was bringing in so much money. Dianna started to talk with some of the girls who took a long time to warm up to her. But she had no one and needed to find refuge somehow. She became friends with Naomi.

"Dianna, you have to be strong. I know you hate this but you are in a better position than most of these girls," Naomi. "There is nothing better about this. I am still being sold," Dianna told Naomi. Naomi showed Dianna her arms riddled with needles. "We get the worse Johns. Perverts, abusers, drug users, addicts, the list goes on. The things they make us do is heart-wrenching. The sexually transmitted diseases we are exposed to are scary. The Johns you deal with are good compared to the hell the women go through. That is why you were envied by many of the girls," Naomi explained. 

"But I am at risk too," Dianna admitted. "There is nothing special about how I am being treated. It's psychologically insane and even worse. I am a victim just as much as the other girls," Dianna explained. He is allowing me to shop and go out on my own these days and if he is testing me. Nothing about this is normal. He is demented and believes he loves me," Dianna expressed. "Cops and the FBI will soon bring all of this to an end," Naomi confessed. "Naomi, be careful," Dianna said knowing that Marcus and his crew would not hesitate to kill anyone who came against them. 

"When he gets tired of me where does that leave me?" Dianna asked. "Down here with the street prostitutes," Naomi said. "But it will not come to that. That monster is going to be put away for a very long time," Naomi continued. Dianna wanted her freedom and hope that Naomi was right about this. They walked back to the hotel as if everything was normal after such a profound conversation.

Dianna thought about Naomi's confession. Who was she working for? When would they come and make an official arrest? So much was going on in her head. She would shut off her mind when Marcus was with her. Today it was a bit easy because she was reminiscing about getting out and praying for Naomi's safety.  

"Dianna, I love you," Marcus confessed kissing her roughly. Dianna froze under his touch. Dianna did not know how to respond to this insane man. "You are doing so well. After this year is up,  perhaps you can move up to managing the girls. I have my eye on a home and want to settle down with the business not interfering with my home life. Maybe my own family," he said. Dianna was shocked and angry at the same time. This man, her rapist was sick enough to imagine a life with her beyond this. 

"I have never met anyone like you, Dianna. I want you and need you all the time," he explained. Dianna stared blankly emotionless because she did not want to show any wrong emotions to trigger him. Dianna nodded and said nothing wishing she could run and never look back. She could not wrap her mind around the thinking of this narcissistic predator. She heard the holy spirit told her "Hold on."