CHAPTER 24

Forgiveness and Healing

Paige listened attentively to her friend on a face time call about the situation and her heart went out to Dianna. "Dianna it has been weeks. You and Brian really need to have a conversation," Paige advised.

"We are over and it's for the best. It will help him move on faster," Dianna sighed. "Dianna, did he tell you it is over between you too?" Paige asked. "Not exactly but it was too much for him," Dianna reminded her. "Dianna I am not giving excuses for him but he did not know all the facts about your story. He knows now and wants to be with you. Is it over for you?" Paige asked. Dianna wanted to say yes but she still had feelings for him. 

"Don't you owe it to yourself to try?" Paige asked. She was rooting for the relationship because she saw how much they cared for each other. "Give me a minute Paige. I have a message coming in," Dianna said strolling her phone.

Dianna was stunned to see it was Brian's parents asking to see her. "Is everything okay?" Paige asked when she returned back to the call with her. "Brian's parents want to see me," Dianna confessed. Paige was happy to hear this. "Perhaps, it's a good sign. Are you going to see them?" Paige asked. 

"I don't know. Brian and I are not together so I don't know why they want to see me,"  Dianna said. Paige was about to comment but she let it go. Dianna was delusional to think this. That man texted, sent flowers, and tried everything to get her to see him over the last three weeks. but Dianna was too stubborn and refused. 

"Please go. What harm can it do? They have always been nice to you," Paige said trying to convince her. Dianna agreed, 'Perhaps, I may go."

"I love you Dianna and support you 100%. But I still think you and Brian have to talk. Promise me you will think about it and allow God to direct you with your decision," Paige concluded.

"I will," Dianna said appreciating the advice and support. 

Dianna looked at the home for a long time. The last time she came to this house she was humiliated and heartbroken. Why did she even agree to come? Dianna reluctantly came out of the car and took a deep breath.

Ruth and Michael Davidson welcomed her into their home. It felt inviting and warm like always. "Dianna thank you for coming," Ruth said giving her a hug. Dianna welcomed the embraced and felt good to be with them. 

They enjoyed dinner together until Ruth Davidson finally broke the ice. "Dianna I can't tell you enough how sorry we are about what happened the last time you were here," Ruth said sincerely. "It's okay," Ruth said squeezing her hands. "It's not. Amanda was wrong." Ruth admitted. "Completely wrong," Michael said.

Dianna tried to test them to see if these feelings were really genuine. "But it was true. I did everything she accused me of," Dianna said. "I know you don't want an ex-prostitute for your son," Dianna said bluntly. 

"Dianna, Amanda had it all wrong. We read the articles, books, interviews, and about the work you are doing with sexually abuse women. You are a hero and a survivor," Ruth said proudly.

"We don't want your past we want you Dianna Pearson now. The woman you have become. The one whom my son loves adores and cherishes. We appreciate what you have done and accomplished over the years to bring you to this place," Michael Davidson confessed. 

"Do you really mean this? Don't you think he could do better? My past will bring embarrassment to your family. Surely people will voice their opinions and disapprovals," Dianna pointed out.

"Dianna we do not care about others. We only care about our son's happiness. He loves you. You love him. That's final. He has been a wreck these last three weeks. You are the best thing that has ever happened to him," Ruth said holding her hand.

Dianna started to cry. "I don't know what to say" she sniffled. "Dianna we can't tell you what to do but you have our blessings. We support you and my son," Michael Peterson.

Dianna was surprised by the kind words they expressed. Amanda appeared and said, "Dianna, I would like to apologize as well." Dianna was shocked to see Amanda as well and her apology.

"Dianna, you did not deserve what I did. It was rude and unnecessary. I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I do hope we can start over. I read your story and it was inspirational and powerful. Dianna, you are an overcomer. Brian really loves you and I was wrong to interfere with your relationship," Amanda said remorsefully.

Dianna was all for forgiveness and respected their confessions to her. "Thank you," Dianna said reaching for Amanda's hands. The entire family embraced Dianna creating a special bond that was exhilarating.