CHAPTER 19

A New Beginning

Dianna was happy her life was turning around.  She felt ready for college and new beginnings. Dianna was looking forward to seeing Paige and sharing all the good news in her life.

When Dianna went to the airport she spotted Paige and it brought back an abundance of wonderful memories. "Dianna, I have missed you so much," Paige said embracing her best friend.

"Likewise my lovely friend. I have missed you so much," Dianna admitted. They hugged each other for the longest reminiscing about the special moment. They arrived at Dianna's home and enjoyed a wonderful dinner with her family.

"Dianna I am so happy for you. You have been through so much but you have overcome," Paige said holding Dianna's hand. Dianna smiled as they sat on the porch together looking at the night sky. They talked for a long time and appreciated each other's company.

Dianna found the balance that she needed and had a wonderful summer with Paige. She continued making strides in her academic life at college and graduated with her Bachelor's degree in Journalism and Newspaper writing. 

Dianna published her first book "Survival" and told her the truth about all the incidents in her life. Dianna spent the next few years working, investing her time in her family, and helping survivors of sexual abuse. However, Dianna's life was not complete. Deep down inside she wanted that family, husband, and home. However, she did not know if it could ever happen to her. Dianna had come a long way but she still had some insecurities when it came to relationships.