CHAPTER 4

The truth comes out

Isaiah Mckenzie proved to be a gentleman over the next few days. He was sweet and a genuine friend as he got to know Dianna. Dianna knew he wanted more but was happy to accompany him to the dance. But after being assaulted by her stepfather she was not sure if she was ready for a serious relationship. It sucked having such a past and being the one to have to tell the story. She kept Isaiah in the friend zone despite hanging out with him because she was afraid of being rejected for her awful experience. Occasionally, she hung out with Isaiah and Paige.

The night of the dance quickly approached and the girls prepared for the dance. "I just love our dresses," Paige said enthusiastically as she admired her red flowing dress and Dianna's black cocktail dress. "We are sure to turn heads in these," Paige shared passionately. Dianna smiled looking at the sparkle in her friend's eyes. "This dance will be memorable," Dianna admitted. Paige paused for a moment and hugged her friend. "What was that for?" Dianna grinned. "Just because I care about you and I am so happy you are making the effort. "Aww" Dianna teased returning the gesture. "How are things with you and Isaiah?" Paige asked interested in how things were progressing.

"Good," Dianna admitted. "Just good, no sparks, no commitment, no kissing," Paige continued to push. "No nothing," Dianna warned with her eyes. "That boy is really into you," Paige said. Dianna sighed and knew her friend was correct even though she hated to admit it. "We are simply friends. I am new at this and have to take it slow. I never let anyone in so this is going to take some getting used to. Then there is my past history of sexual abuse. I have to make up my mind to tell him or not," Dianna said wheeling about all the decisions she had to make. 

Paige gently touched Dianna's hand for reassurance. "Okay, you went heavy on me. Just take it one day at a time. You don't have to share everything in one night. Pray about it and move at your pace and let everything play out," Paige suggested as they got their final accessories and shoes to match their outfits. 

Olivia Pearson beamed as she admired her daughter looking so lovely. This is what she wanted for her a normal life without all the drama of her past. She prayed consistently for her daughter's mind and redemption from her past. She started to cry as she took selfies of her daughter.

"Mom, you are going to make me cry," Dianna confessed fanning her eyes to keep away the tears." Baby, you look so beautiful," Olivia declared. "Thanks, Mom," Dianna said giving her mother a huge hug. When the bell rang Isaiah approached with a corsage for Dianna and a bouquet of flowers for Olivia Pearson.

"Ms. Pearson, it is nice to meet you," Isaiah said presenting her with flowers. "Nice to meet you," Olivia said already impressed with the young man. When his back was turned she whispered to Dianna, "He is such a gentleman." Dianna smiled agreeing with her mother.

At the dance,  Dianna and Isaiah met up with Paige and her date Elijah. Everyone was having a good time and Dianna started to loosen up a little.  Se went to the bathroom only briefly and met Hailey King. "Hello Dianna," she said abrasively. "Hi," Dianna said taken aback by this girl approaching her. 

"Now, I am going to make this easy for you. Excuse yourself from Isaiah now or suffer the consequences if you choose. The choice is yours. You have ten minutes to ditch, your date," she continued and walk away.

Dianna was left in total disbelief and confusion. "What was that?" she thought. When she returned to her date she spoke privately to Paige. "What is her problem?" Paige said angrily when Dianna told her the story. "She is a jealous ex," Paige continued.

"I don't know Paige. I have a funny feeling about this. Maybe I should do what she says," Dianna said starting to become weary of the situation.

"Don't let her bully you. This girl is insane to be desperate for a guy who has moved on," Paige paced the room. "Let's enjoy the dance," Dianna said trying to settle her nerves as they went back to their dates.  The entire ten minutes went by, then eleven minutes continued. 

Dianna gasped when she heard whispering throughout the dance auditorium. Everyone was looking at their phones and looking back at her. Dianna saw Paige's countenance fall after she looked at her phone. Isaiah grew pale as he looked at his phone prompting Dianna to pull out her phone. Someone had emailed all the articles about her sexual abuse trial to the entire school body. The truth came out and there was nothing she could do about it.