CHAPTER 16

Putting the pieces together  again

Dianna simply took a deep breath. It was good simply to breathe and thank God. The evidence was overwhelming against Marcus, his associates, and his organization. They were going away for a long time and it was good to know he would not be able to hurt anyone else. With the amount of evidence and witnesses against him, the defense did not stand a chance. Marcus even tried to cut a deal with the prosecution because he knew he was facing a string of charges. Facing Marcus in court was empowering and uplifting for Dianna because he could not hurt her anymore. 

When he stared at her she felt freedom and said the words, "I forgive you." Dianna was not going to allow hate, resentment, and unforgiveness to infiltrate her heart against this man. He was quiet throughout his arraignment. Now he was in handcuffs, he seemed fragile and weak. Dianna was happy it was over.

"What are you going to do now?" Naomi asked Dianna as they had lunch together. "Well, relax, find me again, reconnect with my aunt, detox from all this craziness, and prepare for college," Dianna said with a big smile. "Whatever you do Dianna Pearson I know you will shine," Naomi said squeezing her hand. "Thank you for saving my life," Naomi said tearfully. "Thank you for saving me too," Dianna confessed. "What are you going to do now?" Dianna asked Naomi. "I want to see my son and daughter, get cleaned up and reunite with my mother. The screwed-up part about all of this was missing your loved ones who perhaps thought you were dead all this time," Naomi explained. 

Dianna wished she had her mother. However, she felt the need to reconnect with her aunt and the twins. "Don't be a stranger. Write when you are able to and connect with me on social media. Be sure to write a book about this experience. You are our voice," Naomi said giving her a hug. 

Dianna did not even think about sharing it all. When her life was in order perhaps she would write that book. Dianna made that call to Aunt Joy and prayed she would be welcoming.

"Aunt Joy, it's me. Can I come home?" Dianna asked. "Dianna," Daniel and Daniella cried on the other end. Dianna could not hold back the tears from falling. "We were trying to find you? Please come home. When is your flight?" Aunt Joy said all emotional. Dianna gave her the details and flew back to Atlanta to get her life back.

Aunt Joy and the twins would not let her go. The hug was warm and loving. They held on to each other for a while. Dianna was so grateful to be loved, missed, and appreciated. "Dianna, we missed you," Daniella said leaning on her arms. "So much," Daniel admitted with watery eyes. Aunt Joy pulled Dianna in a hug again crying once again. "God has answered our prayers," Joy stated. They walked to the car hand in hand.

Dianna looked around the house she hated but it was better than before. It was more inviting, with more lighting and warmth. They had dinner together with her family and talked for a long time. "Children, Dianna had a long flight. Let's allow her to get some rest," Aunt Joy informed the twins. "It's good to have you home," Daniel said hugging Dianna. "We love you and are really happy to have you back," Daniella confessed. 

When the kids were gone to bed Aunt Joy held her hand knowing that Dianna's ordeal was far greater than she was letting on. "When you are ready I want to know everything. The good, bad, and ugly about the ordeal. You are a survivor, I love you and I am proud of you," giving Dianna one more hug before she turned in for the night. This was the first time in a very long time she felt God and her family were fighting for her.

The next few days were rough for Dianna. Despite having the support of her aunt and her cousins Dianna was still having nightmares, and battling with anxiety and depression. It was different getting back her body when it was controlled and used by others. She was feeling desires and feelings she never had before after she was exposed to so much. Dianna realized that she needed more spiritual intervention, deliverance, and professional help to rid herself of any sexual demons or spirits attached to her from the men who took advantage of her. Besides the emotional baggage, she had to ensure her body was clear from any sexual diseases over the next few months. 

Despite facing all these challenges Dianna felt that her life was hopeful and she had a future to fight for. She needed her mind, body, and soul back to get toward the future God had designed for her. Dianna was determined and was convinced she was an overcomer and she was pushing to cross the finish line.