Chapter 12

I felt as if time had stopped. I put my hands on my head, trying to remember everything. I was sure that it had all happened, I could still remember everything clearly: the voices, the hands, the maids, Rin’s black eyes.

Stevian left the room, telling me that I should rest. I put two and two together. It might be true but how? I mean...I saw everything in front of me.

I looked around and saw that they had changed the room. The walls were painted gold and white, the floor coated by a white carpet. There was a small fireplace in the middle of one wall, everything seemed new and shiny.

But there was something else different: a large picture on the wall. It was of a beautiful and tall blond woman stood and dressed all in white. The background was somewhere in the castle that I saw when Leon was leading us.

She seemed so familiar. I realised I was heading towards it and about to touch it. I wanted to know how it felt and it felt really soft.

I continued to stroke it.

“Should we write that it’s forbidden to touch things in here?”

I looked at the door; Rin was stood with his hands on his chest.

“No, don’t worry. I’m not fond of touching things,” I said. He laughed, walking towards me. I wanted to ask him about what happened. Maybe Stevian said that because he didn’t want me to worry?

“How’s the little princess feeling?” I rolled my eyes, looking at him smiling. He had a cute smile so I smiled back.

“Princess? That’s too girly for me,” I said and he chuckled.

“So...What happened in there?” I asked. For a moment, he had a cold stare in his eyes but it changed so quickly to a sweet one I wondered if I had imagined it.

“What do you mean? Don’t you remember?”

I shook my head. I didn’t want to admit I knew: I just wanted to know the truth.

“Well, I wanted to talk to you and when I got there the room was a mess and you weren’t there. So, I knocked on the bathroom door to see if you were fine...”

I put my hands on my head trying to recall it. That wasn’t how I remembered things: the room wasn’t messy.

He continued, “You didn’t reply but I heard the shower running so I kept knocking. Still you didn’t reply so I worried something might’ve happened to you. I ran at the door and knocked it down then I saw you lying on the floor unconscious,” he said, putting his hand on his neck.

I took a step back, I was in shock. What he had said was so different from what I remembered. Which was true?

“Bu-but I was in the shower and I felt something pulling me down into the water and-” I took a deep breath, I couldn’t carry on, it sounded too ridiculous.

Rin put his arm on my shoulder, “Are you okay?” he asked with worried eyes. I didn’t know what to say - was I okay? So I did nothing.

He sighed, “Then what about having some fun?” He suddenly looked so excited and I laughed because he looked like a four year old.

“Fun? What do you mean?” I asked.

He put his finger to his lips, “You don’t want me to ruin the surprise, do you?”

I smiled, “Yes I do.”

“Well I’m not gonna tell ya! Now let’s go!” he held my hand and we started to walk. He was fast (and I mean really fast), I felt as he was running rather than walking.

“Could you walk please?” I released my hand.

“I am walking,” he smiled.

I rolled my eyes, “I meant could you walk slowly please?”

He did as I said. While we were walking, I looked to the right and saw something strange. For a second, I thought that it was Leon and Len talking to someone - or should I say something - because from afar it looked nothing like a normal human.

Rin noticed me and so grabbed my hands and made me walk. I tried to let go but I couldn’t - he was really strong.

“What’s wrong?” I asked but he didn’t answer me.

I followed in silence. Why didn’t he want to talk? Did I do something wrong? Suddenly, he released my hand and turned to face me.

“What?” I asked. He pointed to a huge black door.

“We just need to open that door and we will reach the place...”

The door was getting bigger as we got closer to it. He opened it, inside everything was black until he turned on the lights.

The room was full of small animals! All kinds of them: monkeys, birds, cats, dogs, everything!

All of them were sleeping so we moved quietly. They were all cute sleeping.

I looked to the left and saw another black door. It was much bigger and stronger: it felt like a door to a prison. As I headed towards it, Rin grabbed my elbow, “Don’t go in there,” he said. His eyes were stone and serious.

“Why not?” I asked. He looked ready to answer when a loud voice came out from the door and woke the animals.

“What was that?” I asked, stepping back.

“There are some wild animals inside that room,” he said. What? Those sounds came from wild animals?

“What are you keeping in there? A dragon or something?” I said with a laugh.

He looked at me and nodded.

“You are joking, right?” I gasped.

He just smiled and looked at me, “Nope.”

-----------------

Hope you liked it

Dont forget to Vomment !! :)

Edited by : Lydiad55

  xoxoxox