Earth Kills

Word count-3300

"His pulse is 380," Clarke informs us, while Jasper's groans of pain echo loudly in the confined space. Kids below deck are saying "shut the hell up" "is he dead already?" "can I kill him. My anger flares, and I can't help but yell back at them, "If you all don't SHUT THE HELL UP, I will come down there and make you regret it!"

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I return to Clarke's side. "Sorry, I just..." She cuts me off with a nod, understanding my frustration. "It's okay. I can save him. I just need to take a walk," she says, needing some space to think and focus. I nod in agreement, knowing Clarke's abilities, and watch as she descends the ladder to collect her thoughts.

Monty joins us, taking a seat beside us. "Hey, remember that time when the three of us stole a huge stash of weed and ended up hiding in the closet of my apartment until my dad caught us?" I say, laughing. He chuckles. "he played it off like we had just borrowed some oregano and needed to return it ASAP."

My smile wanes as memories flood back. "He did try to help when you guys got caught," I say. Monty nods somberly. "I know," he replies. I let out a sigh. "Hey when Jasper get's better, we can fuck shit up here too."," I say "Yeah, you're right..."

I stand up and stretch before looking back down at Monty "I'm going to join the hunting party." Monty looks up at me, surprised. "You're going hunting?" I nod and clarify, "Well, not exactly. I just want to get out of camp for a bit..."

Leaning down to his level, I share my secret with him. "When I went off on my own to find Jasper, I saw someone." Monty's eyes widen in curiosity. "A little girl, and another woman." Gazing back at the hatch, I add, "I have to go, but I needed to tell someone about it." Monty starts to say something but I'm already gone.

I step outside and spot Murphy attempting to throw a knife at a tree but missing terribly. "Wow, you suck," I comment, causing him to look at me. "It's that dying kid. He's throwing me off," he retorts. I glare at him and correct, "His name is Jasper. You know his name is Jasper; you're just being a dick." He rolls his eyes and asks, "Do you need something?" I shake my head, smirking, "Other than the insistent need to show you up. No." I take out my knife and throw it at the tree, successfully landing it. Walking over to retrieve it, I add, "That's how it's done."

Suddenly, we hear Jasper screaming from inside the dropship. I rush in to see what's happening. "You're killing him," Octavia accuses. "She's trying to save his life," Finn defends Clarke's actions. Bellamy enters the scene, pointing at Jasper, "Kid's a goner. If you can't see that, you're deluded. He's making people crazy." Frustrated, Clarke responds, "Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters."

Bellamy sighs "Take a look at him. He's a lost cause." Octavia looks at Jasper then back at Clarke. "Octavia, I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope." Bellamy looks at Clarke "This isn't about hope, it's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard choices. I do. He's been like this for three days. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself." Bellamy turns to leave and says "Octavia, let's go." Octavia sits down "I'm staying here." Bellamy shakes his head and leaves. Monty glares at the ground "Power-hungry, self-serving jackass. He doesn't care about anyone but himself." he looks at Octavia "No offense." Finn nods and looks at us "Yeah. Bellamy is all that. But he also happens to be right."

...

I rise to my feet with determination. "I have to go. I'm joining the hunting party. There's something I need to do. I'll be back soon," I inform Clarke, who gives me a cautious look. "Be careful around them," she warns, and I nod before heading down to meet the others.