Chapter 20: new companions?

.:Sara's POV:.

"So.. Who're you making this cake to?" I asked Layla who was mixing the batter and the maid was washing the dishes next to her.
"For.. uh.. I don't know, I wanted cake" She said spilling the carton of milk over and the maid rushed to it.
"Carefully miss" She said a bit loudly, "sorry" layla apologised.

"Anyways, have you heard of Cody?" I asked bring up the topic.
"No.. not really, my brother said he's still under treatment, and we might have to stay longer than supposed to" She said.
"Can't I go see him?".
"Dad says no one can go in except him, I don't know what's going on.. really" She said looking at me.

"But-" I was cut off, "Guess whooo" I heard a familiar voice.

"Papa's back from getting the milk" I saw Jude Cross the hall.
"Jude, keep your voice down, Cody said his family is he- speaking of which" Jace stood infront of the kitchen and scanned the place and saw me and waved and then left.

"Who're these people? How did they get in?" Layla said dropping the whisk and almost was about to go after them I shouted "they're Cody's friends don't worry!".
"You sure?" She asked.
"Yes, yes I know them" She turned back and held the whisk, still a little irritated they just walked in without a warning.

They must have come to check up on cody or something.

.:Jude's POV:.

I rushed up stairs, forgetting to atleast call to announce if we were coming or not, but nahhh.. Cody doesn't mind.

I rushed up the spiral staircase with Jace trialing behind me.

We reached Cody's room, and it was awfully quiet.. was something really that bad?

Just as I was about to open the door, a hand appeared slapping mind away.

"Hey!" I yelled.
"No one's allowed in sir's room this week, sorry its orders from Chase" a butler said standing up straight as if he hadn't smacked my hand just now.

"Cody is always like this, he just needs company, just let us in" I said my eyebrows scrunching together.
"My apologies.. but orders are orders and I have been ordered to not let anyone in except Mr Nikolas." He said apologetically

"When's he going to be fine then?" I asked sighing.
"That's still being managed, but when he's well I'm sure he'll phone you as soon as he wants" the butler said his eyes shifting everywhere distracted.

"Fine, just tell him we said Hi" I said and turned around to leave and jace just looked irritated but he didn't want to say anything since there was a reason.

We headed out the huge mansion that Cody technically owned at 17, which is a bit crazy-
But I mean, he had his parents inheritance.

"Wanna go get something?" I asked jace as we sat in the car.
"Do you think having a tiny is as good as Cody makes it seem?" Jace asked me, and I honestly didn't know how to answer him.
"I mean.. probably, they're just humans like us I don't see anything extra" I replied starting the car.
"How about we go get 1.. like 1 for each of us?" Jace said.

"Mom doesn't know and will probably be annoyed, she has enough pressure with dad being overseas and her 12 hour shifts" I said shrugging.
"Come on jude, imagine having a friend always there with you, and besides.. they're too small to notice, and mom is hardly ever home.." jace whined, "just head to one of the stores" He said, and I thought about, and he was sorta right, so I directed my location to one of the stores downtown.

Few minutes later, we arrived at a small shop, the floors were carpted and washed, the walls were fresh white, and the cashier looked nice enough.

"Hello! Welcome to Olives Pet store, how may I be at your service?" The girl spoke in a bubbly tone.