episode 9

(All the events in this episode take place in the past just to remind you)

While Greg was setting up the camera I was remembering the sequence of buttons I had to press with my foot and the right strings to strum on this extra guitar.

"Everybody ready?" He said, running in front of the stage with his guitar."One, two, three, four."

"What can I do for you?" Rose and Greg sang in harmony with Rose having a solo. Then Greg was playing a sick guitar solo when Pearl ran to Rose and whispered something.

Rose and Pearl walked off stage and started dancing together, fusing into Rainbow Quartz. She continued to dance, glaring at Greg, still playing his guitar solo, and then unfused on the warp pad. After they separated back into Rose and Pearl, Pearl held out the microphone and dropped it in front of Greg with a devilish look on her face, ending the song.

"I can't believe I got that on video!" turns off the stage lights with an effects pedal. "What on Earth was that?!"

"That was Rainbow Quartz. Pearl thought a fusion might give your video a little something extra. Pretty cool, right?" kisses Greg. "I have to go, but- Are you doing anything later?"

"You know I'm not."

Rose laughs and warps away but not before called Mr. Universe adorable.

"Byeeeeeee." He said.

Amethyst pops up behind Greg.

"Hey, I hit the drums, so pay up."

Greg handed over a bag of Pop-Pop-brand popcorn to Amethyst.

"Here you go."

Amethyst grabbed the bag in her teeth and shook her head wildly like a dog. She then popped it open with her hands.

"You're just a phase. You know that, right?" Pearl says while twirling one of Gregs microphones.

'Oh my stars here we go again with their little rivalry.'

All I can do is set the guitar down and lean on the wall while they argue.

But once their done I walk to Greg and say.

"Don't worry Greg their something about you that has Rose hooked like I've never seen before."

"Thanks Topaz!" He smiles and gets all his stuff and leaves.

Garnet walks to me.

"You know you say that to everyone one of her boyfriends right?"

"Yeah but this time I actually mean it. It's just the way she looks at him and kisses him."

"Kinda weird."

"It's not weird! I'm just a great observer."

--------------------------------------------

I saw Garnet and Amethyst walk down to Gregs van so I follow. I make it when Garnet throws a stick for Amethyst to fetch.

I show up and Garnet looks at me without speaking I then look at Greg, then back at Garnet.

"C'mon I just got here!"

Garnet dosen't say anything.

"Fine."

I walk back to the house and see Rose.

"Hey Rose!"

"Hey Topaz, how are you?"

"I'm good how are you."

"I'm amazing." She beams

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Fall in love so easily?"

She blushed from embarrassment and suprise.

"I-I do not fall in love easily."

"Yes you do. Your already acting like a married couple."

"Well that's because everything moves fast for these humans!"

"But what if your also moving fast for that human?"

She looks at me softly and with realization that I'm right.

"I hate that your always right." She laughs.

"I only became like this when I meet you." I smile.

"Oh how you were so different. And your reason for joining me was so similar to mine."

"Except your love was for the planet and mine was for a Gem."

"Still has love at the root though."

"Yeah I guess."

The conversation ends but not before she leans down and hugs me.

"I love you too Topaz and don't forget that. I need you to protect the others when I'm not around."

I hug back.

"I know Rose... and I love you too."

We hold eachother for a minute but she let's go and kisses my cheek.

"Thanks."

"Your welcome."

"... oh I forgot that Greg has a suprise for you at his van!"

"Oh really?"

We walk to his van but sneak around him and hide behind a stone hand with the other Gems.

They start to dance.

To music with Gregs full intention to try and fuse to become one. But when it fails Rose laughs.

And the things she says to Gregs statements would hurt me if I was in Greg's position but when he flips the emotion to her she acts just the same way as Greg did.

Confused, heartbroken, happy, lovesick, all at once.

When Greg starts laughing and crying at once it's her turn to worry and be scared.

They ask multiple questions but hug and just decide to talk.

More questions follow and with each one I can tell they start to get back on track with one another.

They start to dance again.

"Why are they still dancing!? I-it didn't work!" Pearl said.

"Yes it did." Garnet remarked.

"What!?"

"It worked."

"They fused." I say.

"No they didn't their still apart."

"They fused in heart and mind. If they can do that in a few months then I'm sure they'll figure out a way to fuse in body."

"I think this one's my favorite." Amethyst says.

Pearl saddened says.

"... I think he's her favorite too."