episode 11

"This is Peridot transmitting on all frequencies from abandoned crystal system colony planet Earth, to Yellow Diamond. My mission has been compromised, my escort and informant." raising two fingers to indicate the numbers. "Are gone and I am now stranded. Please send help!"

The transmission continues to repeat itself on the TV, as the we Crystal Gems gather around and watch it together TV. Steven is on the phone with Connie.

"Ok thanks." He hangs up. "Connie says it's on her TV too."

"But where could Peridot be broadcasting a signal that strong?" Pearl asks.

"There's only one place." I say.

We rode Lion through some portals and made it to the Communication Hub.

Lion collapses and I run his back in thanks.

"It's as I feared."

the Communication Hub is, crudely reconstructed back together, glowing and shooting a beam of light towards the sky.

"It looks like Peridot somehow repaired the Communication Hub. Well, at least some of it." Pearl says.

"So... we just gotta wreck it up again, right?" Steven turns to Amethyst. "You guys should form Sugilite!"

"Yeah... Well, it's up to Garnet, I guess. What do you say? Shall we mash it up?"

Learn like scared again for some reason.

"No."

"But, don't we need to be huge like last time?"

"Last time was a disaster. Last time we fused, Sugilite went berserk. It's because of her that we can't even warp here anymore." Garnet points towards the broken warp pad, smashed by a huge rock and takes her visor off. "I can be brash, you can be reckless. And we can both get carried away." She puts her visor back on, reflecting Amethyst off of it. "So, for the time being, Sugilite is benched. What we need now is to be careful."

"Sardonyx." I say.

Pearl is holding in her tears and she sniffles loudly.

"Hand on, it's been such a long time." She says.

Both of their Gems glow as they dance as Amethyst walks next to me Steven.

Garnet throws Pearl into the air, and she spins mid-air before falling back down into Garnet's arms. Garnet catches her and they begin fusing together. A pillar of orange light begins to emanate from the Gems' prior position, and a fusion Gem emerges from the light pillar, pulling it apart like curtains, and dissipating it into small lightning dragonflies.

"Gooooood evening, everybody! This is the lovely Sardonyx, coming to you a-live from the soon-to-be-former Communication Hub! How are y'all doin' tonight?"

"Great." Amethyst says sarcastically.

"Giant women!"

"Oh my stars! If it isn't Steven Universe! We finally meet. So, what do you think?" She spins her torso a full 360°. "Was I worth the wait? What am I saying? Of course I was!" She then hollers with a hand clos to her mouth.

"Wow, you're so articulated!"

"Well, aren't you the sweetest little charmer! I could literally squish you right now! It would not be hard."

"No... Ha-ha!" I hope she dosen't actually squish him.

"Sorry, I'm just so excited to be here. You see, I haven't exactly been myself lately." And she starts laughing.

Steven catches on and laughes too.

"Fusion joke!"

"Ugh..." Amethyst plops her head into her crossed arms and groans.