Part 20

Husband
(Season 3, Episode 16)

Something isn't right.

I can feel it in my gut, though nothing has happened yet. Ahsoka went to check on our engine fluid shortly after speaking to Anakin and I.

Now standing in the cockpit observing the two Jedi navigate the ship, I decide to go check on her. Not announcing my exit, I discreetly walk out.

A loud female grunt sets my alarms off. Whipping my sabers out and holding them defensively, I see the Brother holding his arm around the small girl's neck.

As soon as my heart rate fluctuates with vexation, Anakin races in from behind me.

Once the dark being sees his target audience enter, he begins his claim. "Leaving so soon?" he asks as if hurt by our sudden departure. "Not without these, you won't."

The floor opens, and suddenly I'm falling through clouded smoke. Squeezing my weapons tightly, I try to see something that I can use to save myself, but all I see is dark clouds.

I'm diving head first to my death and it feels the same as jumping off a mountain towards the murky lake below, just the wait is much longer and the landing much harder.

Five Years Ago... (14 years old)

"This shall be a simple matter to end our prolonged mission. I want to thank you all for putting everything you have into these past two years. Being away from the rest of the galaxy is a difficult task, but I am proud to say that the 268th Legion has stepped up to that task with ease. I want to commemorate my Padawan, for taking her first big steps as a Jedi and leading a surprise assault against Commander F'Laet and the Separatist droid army," Master Rima announces in front of all the troopers and myself.

She speaks with great compassion for our valiant efforts, which is rare for my Master to do, but an honourable moment when she chooses to. My teacher goes on to assess our current mission, which is just a simple perimeter watch of different charted areas.

She speaks with hope when she states that we will be able to go home to Coruscant soon, and I will finally be able to clear the blurred faces of the friends I had to leave.

————————————————————

The small battalion I was assigned were positioned at the outer edges of the large island, surrounding by  luminous water that has said to have indescribable healing powers. Those are just myths of course, for no local citizens have ever stepped foot into the water in fear of an opposite result.

Scientists have tried to analyze the substance of the water, but mysterious occurrences prevent them from doing so. Whether it's their equipment sinking into the enchanted depth below or a haunted string of voices screaming for them to leave, none have ever tested the magic of the sea.

The mystic water, however, was not the reason the Separatists were here. They tried to overrun this silent planet because of the highly explosive elements that are merged into Allegor's core. We were sent to stop them, and then to set up defences for the Allegorian's.

It was quicker then I thought, helping the people use their harnessed weaponry to keep ill-willed powers away. Everyone grew up with the belief of peace, and had a strong connection to the magical elements of the Force.

That being said, the planet is embellished with energy and made my skills grow stronger at a much quicker pace. The forest is where my Master and I would train, thriving with natural life all around.