13 - coincidence

(pov: Colorado)

"Or else what?" I questioned turning to look at my sister. "Just don't be late! Ok?" Louisiana stated. "Fine, whatever."

[time skip to 8pm]

"Ok! So in exactly one hour, Dad will be putting everyone to bed." Louise said. "We know." I stated, rolling my eyes. "Anyway," Louise continued, looking annoyed. "He normally starts on the 3rd floor with Hawaii and Alaska's room." She said. "I'm guessing that's when we'll sneak out?" Virginia asked. "Exactly."
"What about Confederate?" Westie questioned. "He's normally in the living room or kitchen, so that shouldn't be a problem." South Carolina replied. "With that settled, any questions?" Louise asked, a little too enthusiastically. "Yeah. Who sitting in the middle seat? Because it's not going to be me." I stated.

At nine when we heard Dad go upstairs to say goodnight to Hawaii and Alaska, our plan was put into action. "Come on let's go!" Virginia commanded us. We snuck downstairs past the kitchen, making sure Confederate didn't hear or see us and left out the back door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Louise asked, looking out the window at the abandoned carnival's entrance. "Yep! 100%" Virginia responded cheerfully. "How are you so sure?" S. Carolina questioned. "If you were doing something illegal, such as kidnapping somebody, would you go to the biggest tourist attraction around? No. You would go to an abandoned place nobody is going to be at." Virginia stated. "I would not go to a creepy abandoned carnival." Louise said. "You wanna know who hangs around abandoned carnivals? MURDERERS! Creepy ass psychotic clowns"
"That's why it's a good place to bring someone you're holding hostage..." Westie commented. "Yeah, but are you trying to die along with your hostage?" S.Carol cut in. "Your not going to be the one to die if you are the creepy clown murderer." I stated.

"You wanna know what's a really dumb way to die?" Virginia asked us. "What?" Louise answered. "Getting killed by that creepy clown murderer because you felt the need to stand here and talk about being murdered by a creepy clown." Virginia announced. "Can we even die?" S.Carol questioned. "Only if we like get overthrown by another country and our land is theirs." I replied. "But even then we just fade."
"Ohhhh. Wait, how do you know that?" S.Carol said. "Maryland told me." I responded. "How does she know that?" Louise asked. "How would I know? Ask her yourself!" I stated. "Can we go investigate like we planned to?" Westie interrupted. "We didn't plan to stand here for 3 hours and then go home."

(pov: Canada)

"If you ask me, Dad seemed pretty unconcerned about UN going missing." Australia said leaning against the doorway. "Aussie, you can't just accuse people of kidnapping." I said throwing my pillow back onto my bed. " Especially your own parents."
"But, honestly, Aussie's right. He just seemed off. Panicked, even." New Zealand said pulling the hair tie out of her hair. "Everybody was panicked. United Nations went missing, Kiwi." I stated. "A different kind of panicked. A 'i know somethin' you don't' kinda' panicked." Aussie replied. "But if he did know something, why hasn't he told EU yet?" I questioned. "I don't know. But something odd is happenin' And I wanna know what." Australia announced. "Shut up! If Dad really does know something, we don't want him knowing we know!" I whisper yelled.

"Ok so I may or may not have given EU the idea to check out the address that Ame gave her.." Kiwi started. "Kiwi, what did you do..?" I slowly asked. "We're meeting her at the address in 15 minutes." She answered quickly. "Seriously! It's the middle of the night!" Aussie exclaimed. "Sundown was just an hour ago!" Kiwi stated. "1 and a half." I commented. "Same thing!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are we seriously doing this." I asked, second guessing myself. "Yes! It's too late to turn back now!" Kiwi said. "No it's not! We're still in the driveway." I replied, unbuckling my seatbelt. "Buckle your seatbelt." Aussie commanded. "If I have to come with, so do you." He said. "Also Kiwi, why do you get to drive?"
"Because I don't trust you to drive and Canada is being forced to come with, so I doubt he would actually drive to the address." Kiwi announced, starting the car.

"Don't you think that it's kind of weird that Ame hide that his states are personified from everyone?" Kiwi said, changing the subject. "I mea n yeah he has what? 49? 50? Of them." Aussie replied. "50. But if I had 50 children, I probably wouldn't tell people." I said. "Why?" Aussie questioned. "Considering how many countries don't like America, I would want my enemies to hurt them." I responded. "That makes sense."

(pov: Westie/ West Virginia)

"What are we looking for exactly?" South Carolina asked. "Uhhh somethin' suspicious?" My twin replied. "Like that?" Louisiana questioned point to something. "Like what?" I responded looking down at her. "That." She said pointing to a ride. I looked over to where she was pointing to see something that must have been a funhouse. I'm guessing that the sign used to say "Helpy's House" or something like that, but now it read, ' Help us ' . "It must just be a coincidence..?" Colorado said, sounding unsure of himself. "You don't believe in coincidences." I stated. "Hey look a cat!" Louise said. "A black one.." S.Carol commented. "Please tell me you don't believe in that stuff." Colorado said.

"What are you kids doing here alone?"

..

That caught me off guard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait so you're some of America's states." The country who was apparently our aunt asked. "Yeah, basically." Colorado replied. "You shouldn't be here.." Another country said. I think he's Canada. Dad used to talk about him a lot. "That's what I said! But nobody listens." Virginia exclaimed. "Then why are you here with them" EU said. She's the only one who I really know about. "First, because they were going to go anyway. Second, because they're all stupid and I don't trust them not to get themselves killed. And third, because I'm getting paid." Virginia stated. "You still haven't introduced yourselves." Colorado cut in. "Right.. I'm Australia."
"Canada."
"New Zealand or Kiwi"
"European Union or EU"
"What are your names?" Australia asked. "I'm Colorado" Colorado started. "Virginia." My twin continued. "Im Louisiana"
"South Carolina."
"West Virginia or Westie." I replied. "So now what?" Louise asked. "Well-" EU started before Colorado cut her off. "We are going to that building thing," He started pointing to the Help Us building, "and looking for suspicious activity."
"I don't think-" EU started. "And I don't care! Let's go." Colorado stated.

Word Count - 1116
(4/11/23)

This was either going to be a really long chapter or a cliffhanger. I pick cliffhanger.
Nobody:

My friend Caitlynn when I take forever to write a chapter:

I really stayed up until 11 writing this instead of doing my homework

~Kreative