1 - cheese

(Pov: Illinois)
"SOMEBODY SAVE ME! WISCONSIN IS TRYING TO MURDER ME!"
In Case you're wondering, that was my psychotic brother, Florida. He's always getting himself in trouble. I'm guessing this has something to do with cheese. You heard me, cheese. Not something actually expensive or important. cHeESe. Wisconsin, for some reason, is obsessed with cheese. I feel like I should probably go stop my best friend from murdering Florida.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cheese man, why are you trying to kill Florida?"
"He threw away all of my wOnDErfUL cheese!" Wisconsin said as he made a pouty face. "He said it smelled like sewage!"
"Wisconsin, stop trying to kill Florida over some cheese." Delaware called out as he walked over. "It's just cheese. You can get Dad to buy more from the store later."
"jUsT cheese? Just CHEESE! CHEESE IS THE BEST THING EVER IT IS NOT jUSt cHeESe."
I think my brother has gone insane over cheese. Just saying. "Wisconsin, let Florida go. Florida stop being..." Delaware started, trying to think of a good word to describe Florida. " obnoxious?" I offered. "Sure. And also Florida aren't you supposed to be feeding Sincerely or something?" Del asked. Sincerely. I honestly don't know why Dad allowed Florida to get an alligator. It is funny though to hear Florida yell 'Sincerely' Randomly. You never know if he's talking about the alligator or something else.

"I already did." Florida said, a suspicious grin appearing on his face. "When?" Delaware cautiously asked. "Right after I stole Wisconsin's cheese actually!" Florida stated happily. "Florida. Did you feed Sincerely Wisconsin's cheese?" Delaware asked. "Maybe.... I guess you will never know!" Florida said running off. "That bitch!" Wisconsin exclaimed chasing after him.

(pov: Texas)

"Confederate where's Dad?" I asked. "Why are you asking me? I don't know. In his room maybe?" Confederate responded looking down at me. Ok... rude. "Why are you looking for him anyway?" Confederate asked. "Because Hawaii isn't with Alaska, so she's most likely with Dad." I stated. "Why are you looking for Hawaii?"
"Why am I wasting my time talking to you?" I replied. "Fair."

On the way to Dad's room I ran into New Mexico, "¡Hola Texas!"
"Hola. Do you know where Dad is?" I asked, hoping that my brother would be more help then Confederate. "Yeah, he's in his room. Arizona got lit on fire by California, and he made me go tell Dad." New Mex replied. "¡Gracias!" I said, running down the hall. "DADDD!" I called out bursting into the room. "Oh hi Hawaii!" I said to my sister who had been talking to Dad. "Oh wait Hawaii! Alaska was looking for you! And your favorite show is on." I stated. Without saying anything Hawaii ran out of the room. "What did you need Tex?" Dad asked, turning his attention to me. "I came to ask you where Hawaii was." I replied.

"Also I have a meeting today. So no chaos." Dad said. "Okay!" I said, heading to the door. "Texas." Dad said stopping me. Dammit. "What?" I responded, pretending not to know what he meant. "Guns." He replied holding his hand out. "I dunno what you're talking 'bout" I stated, which earned 'the look' from Dad. "Fine." I said, handing him my pistol. "I know for a fact there's more." Dad said. After giving him my two backup guns he said, " thank you. Now go play." How did he even know I had more than one gun with me?!

"Texas!" D.C called over to me. "What?" I asked stopping in her bedroom doorway. "Can you go tell Dad that it's 8:30 and he's going to be late?" She asked. "Can't you do it? Your room is right next ta his." I responded. "I'm busy!" Is that really her only excuse? "With what?!" I questioned. "I have to do my hair." D.C said. "Fine." I mean you gotta keep your hair nice. I spent like 20 mins doing my hair taday. How else do you think my hair looks so pretty? I turned around and walked back into Dad's room. "Dad, D.C said that it's 8:30 and you're gonna be late." I said. "Oh shit. Thanks Texas!" Dad said, grabbing his stuff and leaving the room. Who the heck schedules meetings on Saturday mornings? It's called the weekend because it's the end of the week and ya don't have to work. It took Dad another 10 minutes to finally leave because of Wisconsin who was trying to murder Florida. Something ta do with cheese.

Word Count - 755
Originally written (1/3/23)
Rewritten (5/21/23)
I hated the old version. I did not know what the heck I was doing. The lack of grammar was appalling.
Anyway, enjoy the story :)
-Kreative