Second to None

*Sup readers!

Been thinking about the ending of the story for a minute. Shall we do multiple paths? It might be fun to see how each boy ends up with you!

I'm rambling and Luna is giving me a total side-eye right now. Guess we should start the show!*

_________________________________________________________________________

Greetings readers of all shapes and sizes!

I am so excited to inform you that the end is near.

No...the apocalypse has not happened yet. The world you currently live in has a few more decades at least. Our Terra may have perished, but yours still thrives.

Mostly...

When we last left off, you met with a psychic fish man who revealed a past of hatred and envy. You got to see how Lilith tricked females like you onto her planet and crushed them in some sadistic ways. How dare she kill poor helpless women for her petty revenge.

Why is human folly so prevalent in her character?

A simple design flaw if you ask me.

The writer should be ashamed of falling for some classic tropes.

Wrap it up here Luna! These people want to read the story! Keep your opinions to yourself.

Apologies. I tend to rant when things are considered biennial. Let us commence with the chapter...

____________________________________________________________________________

"Mr. Frost?"

Lo and behold, standing in front of (Y/N) was the cold butler from the North. His appearance hadn't changed much, but his hair was significantly longer and held with a piece of leather. His attire was, even more, looser than the normal butler should; a white long-sleeved puffy shirt, black pants, and matching boots. His glasses were cracked on one side. A torch in his hands cast a calming glow into the dungeon.

However, she took notice of his body in general. There were patches of ice on his cheek, hands, and neck. It was as if he was becoming frozen by the minute.

"If it isn't the Goddess herself, the true Goddess." He gave a small smile as he held out his hand. "We don't have much time before the guards thaw out. My powers aren't as strong as the prince's."

She took his hand before nearly wincing. They were ice cold and felt as if her fingers were going numb. Without any other words, they raced down the tower's darkened hallway. (Y/N) She felt her breath chill next to the frigid butler, but she was safe. She was almost excited to see him again since their time together was so short.

Speaking of which...

"Frost, please tell me that they're all alright! The princes, my teacher, my best friend..." Her voice lingered a bit before she shook her head. "Lilith captured them all when she came after me! I'm scared to know what she's doing to them or if this ceremony will cause some disruption in them. I feel as if this was all my fault for not speaking up sooner."

(Y/N) stopped her self-deprecating rant as she was pushed against the stony wall. Frost's glasses reflected off the light of the torch in his hand. His body was pressed onto hers as he placed a finger on her lips. The sudden movement made her blush even harder as he shook his head.

"You have nothing to apologize for. Honestly, I was more worried that you would be injured than I was about the prince." His eyes were filled with a sense of warmth that was unseen by the trained eye. "Unlike the prince, you have no powers to defend yourself against the dark goddess at all. The best you could do is support the others in their conquest."