Chapter 05: Saved Again

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney, Australia.

Later the same day.

HUENING KAI

Yeonjun drove towards the studio, and on the road, he talked about how Sam called him to ask for help. It was unexpected everything Yeonjun revealed, but now I understand how Yeonjun put the pieces together; now it makes sense why he knows I lied to him last night. More than a lie, I covered up some things he asked, and my friends didn't miss the opportunity to let him know the truth.

After a few minutes into the drive, Hayley called to see how I was doing. Inevitably, I exploded and complained about how everyone acted; it wasn't the first time my friends sacrificed everything for my sake. – It is the first time Hayley got involved in these situations, but Sam and Jaiden aren't strangers to them. – Fortunately, Hayley's crush came to save the day. The principal's son spoke for them and defended their actions, which helped my friends get less punishment for the riot. Yet, Zane's group didn't have the same luck; they got suspended for three days.

Current time. – At the studio.

I started my homework while Yeonjun composed his songs in the other room with some producers. For some reason, Yeonjun didn't want me to get back to my house; according to him, there were various questions that I needed to answer. I don't know what he wants; however, responding to his inquiries is the last thing I can do for his help.

As I wrote my essay for tomorrow, the door from the room slid open. I saw Yeonjun saying goodbye to some other guys, and after that, he closed the door.

—Good boy, you are still here – Yeonjun smiled before sitting beside me.

—I had to; you wanted to ask me some questions – I said while writing down in the notebook.

—And are you going to answer them all? – Yeonjun curiously questioned while eyeing my work.

—Yes – I nodded, still not paying attention to Yeonjun.

—Kai, why did you hide who Zane Owen is? You told me he was a bully, but he seems more than that – Yeonjun questioned, his tone becoming more serious.

—I barely know you, and I didn't want to speak about my problems on the first day we met – I sincerely answered.

—Is Zane Owen part of the story you told me last night? – Yeonjun asked.

I nodded—. It's something I'm not proud of, you know. That's why I don't want to say anything about it – I admitted before putting my pen down.

I sighed before looking at the words I wrote in the essay. It is about social media and the data gathered from users' interactions. Once again, I surrounded myself with things I knew about and are the reason why I can't talk about my past.