Chapter 26: Honesty & Fears

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

Noon.

HUENING KAI

After waking up from the nap, I went to Yeonjun's kitchen and thought of a recipe I could make for him to feel better. And after remembering all the sweets I have mastered, I chose something my mother used to make whenever I felt blue. – I took out the ingredients and began to cook. In the meantime, Yeonjun called his manager to tell him the details of today's absence and also to re-schedule the wardrobe fitting he had earlier this day.

I'm mixing the cookie dough inside the bowl while humming happily. Baking always brings me pleasant memories of the past and when I was little. Those were the times when nothing mattered, only my family, friends, and happiness.

—Kai? – Yeonjun called my name, causing me to focus on reality.

"I spaced out again, huh?" I thought, not surprised anymore by my unconscious actions.

I subtly smiled before sighing, briefly looking at Yeonjun, who sat on the bar stool—. Did you talk with Nathan? – I curiously asked as I continued to mix the dough.

—Yup! And nothing happened; Nathan understood why I didn't go but told me he would come to organize the schedule – Yeonjun explained while grabbing the different utensils on the surface—. Where did you get those? – Yeonjun asked, confused.

—Perhaps your friends often visit you too. Right? – I guessed, which Yeonjun nodded in response—. Well. I suppose someone bought it for you, but you didn't notice. And I believe your mom keeps your fridge and cabinets stuffed; you had all the ingredients I needed – I informed Yeonjun before leaving the spatula aside, briefly massaging the dough with my hand.

Yeonjun put all his attention on my every move, causing me to chuckle slightly at his expression.

—Wow! You look like a professional – Yeonjun said, amazed.

—I learned from my mother; she used to be a great cook – I mentioned before thinking about the life swap, wanting to tell Yeonjun more about it—. You know I only have a few days left like Huening Kai – I abruptly pointed out, capturing Yeonjun's attention.

—Oh! Yes! I forgot; how's everything going? – Yeonjun asked while glancing at me.

"Idiot. He appears listless before me, but I know how he frankly feels already," I thought, somewhat upset. I wanted to hear from Yeonjun his honest opinion; somehow, I wanted him to stop me and scold me for my decision.

—Well. Hana is already taking care of the house's paperwork. Fortunately, the previous owners were very kind; they left me to move in before signing the contract. Legally, they also covered the furniture arrival, so there won't be any problem getting the house – I explained before placing the bowl aside and making the balls for the cookies.