Chapter 19: Target On The Back

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

The following day.

HUENING KAI

Today, I am finally leaving the hospital and returning to my past life. Still, it felt like I was dreaming and desperate to wake up. I wished someday my private life wouldn't stay in everyone's ears. Now, I can't hide; Seoul knows my name and the tragedies in my life. – This situation isn't ideal since I'm still young; I'm trying to grow and reach my dreams. But now, I can't do anything I desire due to the demons that crawled from my past.

I'm exiting the hospital with my aunt and her security guards. The journalists and press members are trying to push questions on me, causing some to balance over me as the guards do their best to keep everyone safe. – It's already chaotic, and I haven't even reached your car, which causes me to believe that the upcoming days won't be easy for me.

After pushing the journalist aside and walking through the crowd in front of the hospital, I finally got inside the car alongside my aunt. I profoundly breathed while trying to take it all in, not knowing how to feel about the mess surrounding me.

—I know it's a lot to handle, but I assure you that nothing upsets you until the interviews end – My aunt assured me before holding my hand.

I nodded as the car began to move and drive away from the hospital—. How many interviews do I have to do? – I asked.

—Around ten. Perhaps twelve – my aunt replied, causing me to look at her, stunned.

—Hana, that's a lot! – I complained.

—Dear, I'm aware of the quantity, but take into count I canceled more than the number I just said – my aunt claimed.

—Alright! I guess there's nothing else to do – I spoke before taking a deep breath—. What about the new identity? Will you help me with the new house?

—Yes, of course! And I'm already getting my hands on the paperwork to change your name and get your new ID. It'll take some time to get it, so I decided to start it beforehand – my aunt explained, which gave me a sense of relief.

—Thanks, Hana. I was worrying about it all night – I admitted before resting my back against the seat, then closing my eyes. Hana started to caress my hair while trying to calm me down, not wanting me to feel more stressed.

—You'll see that everything will turn out well, Kai – my aunt sweetly said while holding me closer.

Moments later.

I returned to my aunt's house, which looked abandoned; I asked her why the place was in that state, and she only told me that while I was in Australia, she lived in her apartment. – My aunt is a businesswoman; hence, she has many residencies in her name due to travel. She's also well-known around the industry, but my aunt isn't materialistic or snob, which is something I like the most about her.

Hana told me to relax and wait for the housekeepers to clean the house, but instead of doing nothing, I asked permission to go to the grocery store and buy some supplies and food for the place. My aunt told me to be careful since people might recognize me, but in the end, she let me go without saying anything else.

Currently, I'm walking through the hallways of the grocery store, searching for the things written on the note I have on my hands. Little by little, I placed the objects inside the cart, wanting not to miss anything for tonight's dinner with my aunt. But before I could continue, I felt someone staring my way, making me turn to my left.

—Blake – I murmured while looking at him, surprised.

—Kai – Blake said before stepping closer to me, not hesitating to keep his distance short—. I heard that you left the hospital today. I hope you are feeling better – Blake said while looking at me.

—Seriously? Don't you remember that you were the one to put me in this position? – I questioned, upset, stepping away from him.

—I never wanted anything to happen to you. All I ever desired was your happiness and protection, – Blake admitted, causing me to scoff at his words.

—Yes, of course! You wanted to protect me by creating a web page that targeted all of my 'enemies' and shared their private lives with everybody – I sarcastically spoke before closing my hands into fists—. Did you see the news? The journalists are behind my butt because of you. I never wanted my life to be a hot topic between the people I used to know – I earnestly spoke while looking at Blake.

—People needed to acknowledge the damage they made to you. I saw it every day, Kai; no one cared how you felt after mistreating you, but I did, and that's why I had to protect you – Blake disclosed, making me shake my head overly.

—You are insane. The only thing you made for me, Blake, it's creating this enormous mess in my life. You took away my dreams and goals; you didn't protect me, – I stated while feeling sorrowful.

—You don't mean any of your words. Right now, you are just hurting, but you're going to realize that I was the one to help you out the most, Kai – Blake said, trying to convince himself about something unreal. I wanted to answer back, but my phone began to ring, causing me to focus on it.

"Yeonjun?" I thought, confused.

"Hello?" I picked up while Blake stared at me.

"Kai, how are you? I heard you are already in your aunt's house," Yeonjun questioned. I could listen to guitars playing and some people talking.

"He must be working," I thought.

"Don't hack my phone," I told Blake; he answered while lifting his hands, letting me know he hasn't done it.

"I tried, but you protected it pretty well," Blake disclosed, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Kai, who's on the phone?" Yeonjun asked, confused.

"It's only a person," I answered while glancing at Blake, who was smiling my way.

"Are you sure?" Yeonjun asked.

"Yes, anyway, I'm at the grocery store, buying some things for the house," I explained before Blake took my note away, briefly searching for the stuff on the list. I rolled my eyes before focusing on the call with Yeonjun.

"Alright. Be careful out there, Kai. And I will visit you when I finish my activities," Yeonjun told me.

"Yes, I will," I replied while looking at Blake, noticing that I wasn't listening to Yeonjun's words.

"I guess I'll see you later then," I said.

"Yes! See you later, Kai!" Yeonjun kindly spoke before ending the call.

I took a deep breath before placing my phone away, then putting my attention on Blake.

—What do you want? – I asked while looking at Blake.

—I want to remedy what I did to you – Blake said while placing some products on the cart—. Listen, I honestly never wanted anything of this to happen. And I didn't think my actions would turn out like this – Blake admitted before showing off his ankle.

—Is that what I think it is? – I asked in shock.

He nodded—. I did give myself to the authorities when I knew what happened to you. Somehow my lawyer got a deal, and the judge let me stay home. So, I got arrested, I can't leave the country, and I can go out like once a week – Blake explained before covering the ankle sensor with his pants—. I honestly want to make things right this time, Kai. And I hope you can let me show you my true intentions – Blake sincerely spoke while looking at me.