Chapter 25: You Come First

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

The following day.

HUENING KAI

It was almost noon when I gave the interview. And fortunately, everything went well; the interviewer did ask about my parents, but it wasn't anything related to their deaths. – It relieved me I didn't have to talk about it today; however, I still felt the same nervousness when the rest of the interviews came. Yet, after I left the studio, my aunt took me back home to relax and think about tomorrow's moving day. The previous house owners let me put my belongings inside before the paperwork is ready. Therefore, this weekend, I'll be busy preparing my new home.

I showered and dried my hair. I would be resting for the rest of the day; hence, I wanted to ask my aunt to play some games with me. But when I walked down the stairs to meet her, I noticed she was talking with someone on the phone. I reached the first floor and approached her, listening to the conversation up close.

—No, he hasn't called me at all – My aunt answered, making me frown—. No, I barely arrived with Kai, so he didn't know where he was.

"Could it be—?" I interrupted my thoughts and moved closer to my aunt.

—Who is it? – I asked after standing beside Hana.

My aunt put her hand on the phone before looking at me—. Nathan. He told me Yeonjun didn't show up for his wardrobe fitting – My aunt explained before returning the call.

"What?" I thought, bewildered.

—No, Nathan. Kai has been with me since the morning; he's next to me right now – My aunt mentioned.

—Can I talk with him? – I asked Hana. She nodded while looking concerned.

—He wants to speak with you – My aunt told Nathan before giving me the phone. I took it and listened to Nathan.

"Kai, haven't you heard from Yeonjun?" Nathan asked, concerned.

"No, have you searched for Yeonjun in his house?"

"Yes, but he wasn't there," Nathan answered before releasing a long sigh—. "I'm worried since Yeonjun wouldn't miss any activities."

"I can search for Yeonjun in his house again. Perhaps I can find him this time," I suggested.

"That would be fantastic. But I have my hands tied, and I can't go myself. So, you would do me a great favor," Nathan spoke, sounding more relieved after my suggestion.

"Alright. I'll inform you then."

"Thanks, Kai," Nathan sincerely said before I returned the phone to my aunt.