Chapter 20: Useless Explanations

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

Minutes later.

HUENING KAI

At the grocery store, I let Blake stay and help me with the last things I needed. Somehow, I felt sorry he could only go out once a week and wasted his chance only to see me. However, I realized his reality was on him; Blake sought his doom. – Something inside me wants to admit that he changed and never intended to hurt me. But simultaneously, I can't entirely believe his words. – When I spent time with Blake, we discussed our lives. And peculiarly, Blake was changing his identity, too, after his life became complicated due to today's news.

Some minutes ago, I said goodbye to Blake and drove back home. But when I left him at the parking lots, I noticed someone waiting for Blake outside the supermarket. The man was recognizable by his appearance; he was part of the police. It seems that Blake has a target on his back, and as he said, his life drastically changed after I unveiled my story before the public eye.

I'm entering the house with multiple bags full of groceries. The housekeepers helped me take everything to the kitchen when suddenly, I noticed more people inside the place. Carefully, I approached the living area, immediately finding my aunt talking with a man and a production team; they were fixing cameras in front of the couches.

—Hana? – I looked at her, confused. Immediately, she stood up with the other guy next to her.

—Kai! I want you to meet Justin; he'll make your interview today – my aunt spoke. I politely greeted the man before my aunt took me away for some moments—. I know you want everything to end sooner than later, so I arranged the interviews again. This time, they will happen within a week – my aunt explained before I nodded in response, appalled.

"This soon? Is she for real?" I thought, annoyed.

—Oh, okay. So, are we starting now? – I asked.

—Yes! You have to sit next to Justin and answer the questions he gives you – my aunt said before guiding me to my place, and briefly, the crew got ready and proceeded with the interview.

—We are live! – One of the members of the crew said.

Justin introduced himself and the section of the news channel. After that, he gave an overview of my situation before the camera pointed at me.

—Huening Kai, how are you doing? Today, you got discharged from the hospital, and many want to know your state – Justin questioned while looking at me.

—Uh, well, I'm getting used to everything again. I have to retake my life and do my best to keep going – I answered, not knowing what else to say.

—What you lived wasn't easy, so how are you planning to overcome what happened? – Justin asked.