Chapter 22: Point of View

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

CHOI YEONJUN

"This boy is taking me as a joke. Isn't he? Does he want me to go nuts?" I thought, upset.

I sighed before looking away from Kai, feeling a knot in my throat as I figured out how to respond to his sudden revelation. It shocked me to know about Kai's encounter with Blake; however, deep inside, I expected something like it to happen. After seeing his interview, I understood Kai's generous heart, which scares me since he is very naive. Wicked people may hurt him if he isn't careful.

—Yeonjun, I didn't plan to see Blake; somehow, he found me and apologized for everything that happened – Kai clarified, causing me to shut my eyes as I tried to feel less annoyed by his words.

—Kai, how could you possibly forgive him? Blake wasn't next to you when everything went down, and I'm sure he didn't care about your health after the assault you experienced – I sincerely said while shaking my head slightly.

—Blake couldn't visit me because he's under house arrest; he can go outside once a week. As soon as he knew I was out of the hospital, he tried to find me only to apologize – Kai disclosed, causing me to look back at him.

—Are you defending him? – I questioned in shock.

—I'm only telling you what I know; defending Blake or not, he also suffered the consequences due to an act that wasn't supposed to happen – Kai claimed, slightly upset.

—The situations Blake faces are the result of the damage he caused. Therefore, you don't have to feel sorry for the consequences of his wrong decisions – I pointed out, attempting to keep myself as calm as possible.

—Perhaps you are right about Blake, but just like anyone else, he deserves a chance to redeem himself – Kai said before taking a deep breath—. Yeonjun-hyung, Blake never wanted to hurt me, and I believe in the words he told me this day. I, for once, want to be right about someone's intentions – Kai disclosed before looking down.

—Kai, regardless of Blake's genuine intentions, his actions affected your life. You almost died because of something he started through the internet – I reminded him, becoming more annoyed.

Kai didn't answer; he continued to look down while I could hear how he was trying not to reply. He's murmuring the words he probably wants to say, causing me to sigh and stop this argument that won't take us anywhere.

—You know I only worry about your safety, but if you are sure that Blake isn't lying, I'll trust your judgment – I sincerely said before holding Kai's shoulder, causing him to look at me, surprised.