Chapter 27: Feelings Over Words

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

Later the same day.

HUENING KAI

After talking while eating cookies, Yeonjun took me to the guests' room, where he kept all his instruments; he told me it was time to work on new songs for the upcoming album, so he wanted me to assist him as much as possible. – By now, Yeonjun knows that my father had a musical talent; therefore, he sought my advice for the track he's been working on.

Right now, we are inside said room, and as I listen to Yeonjun's track, my phone rings.

Immediately, I took it out of my pocket and checked the number.

"Blake?" Seeing his number made me feel instantly confused.

I never gave Blake my number, but then again, he's a hacker. - My phone continued to sound since I didn't pick up the call; after all, I was with Yeonjun, and I didn't feel it was fitting to answer Blake in front of him.

—Kai, why don't you answer? – Yeonjun asked, making me look at him anxiously.

—Well, it isn't vital – I nervously answered.

Yeonjun frowned before shaking his head—. Why? Who is calling you?

—It's Blake – I revealed, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

Yeonjun snickered before standing up from the piano's bench. He squatted before me, glanced back at me, and tugged my hair behind my ear.

—Do you want to answer him? – Yeonjun questioned.

—I don't know; he still freaks me out – I nervously murmured while looking down.

—Be honest. You don't want to answer because of me. Do you? – Yeonjun asked while trying to make eye contact with me.

—Well, yeah. I don't want to disrespect you.

—Hey, don't think about what I want, okay? If you want to talk with Blake, do it – Yeonjun sincerely said while holding my chin, and then he winked at me before returning to his previous place.

I took a deep breath after hearing Yeonjun's words and declined the call afterward. Instead of answering Blake, I sent him a message, telling him to call me later since I was busy.

"I see you got my number; I'm impressed. However, I have many things to do right now; I can't answer. But call me later, and we may talk." – Kai.

After sending the message, I placed my phone inside my pocket and returned to Yeonjun's side. He immediately noticed my presence, causing him to release a subtle smile.