Chapter 09: Still Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney, Australia.

Moments later.

CHOI YEONJUN

I've stayed with Kai for the last couple of hours. I took care of him while trying to understand the situation by myself. Kai got so affected that it was hard for him to phrase what happened on the web page, which caused me to look into the situation. – I called Sam and told him I was with Kai; he was already aware of the update on the blog, so he just asked me to take care of his friend for today. Sam wants to support Kai like the last time something similar happened to him. I understood his point of view, but I didn't settle with him about most things he said. Yet, I stood silent since the last thing Kai needs it's to see me arguing with Sam.

Currently, I'm entering Kai's room again. I closed the door behind me before approaching him with a cup of tea, but before I could give it to him, I noticed Kai's eyes glued to the computer screen.

—No, no! You can't see that right now – I said while standing up in front of Kai, and then I gave him the tea.

—Thank you – Kai merely said before taking the cup with both hands. Then, I sat beside him while placing the laptop on the bed; I started to read the few things that got updated in the last hours, but I tried to be careful since I couldn't let Kai know.

"So far, everything is about Declan Ward. I guess he was the first target then," I thought.

—Everybody thinks I'm guilty of the updates. – Kai spoke before showing me his phone screen with tons of notifications of Instagram messages, complaining about the posts on the website—. I understand why the students believe I revealed all of that information. Sam has been my friend for a long time, and when Kira cheated on him with Declan, I got enraged – Kai explained while looking at his cup of tea.

—But you didn't write any of those statements, Kai. Therefore, we need to know who's behind all this chaos, and you have to make things right for yourself – I told Kai while remembering what Sam told me earlier this day.

—Yeonjun, I can't do it. Principal Quin told me to stay out of this issue – Kai murmured, looking ready to give up. But I held his shoulders and made him look at me.

—Since when you began listening to your superiors? Why are you letting this person hurt you so much? You have to do something about it, Kai. I know you can stop the website and find the culprit of those statements – I sincerely said while looking at Kai, eye to eye.

Kai sighed before giving me the cup of tea and took the laptop away. He started to type something, opening some windows with codes and servers. Briefly, Kai showed me the screen and pointed at one of the black windows.