Chapter 08: First Target

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney, Australia.

The following day.

CHOI YEONJUN

Today's morning began on a pretty high note. I woke up and decided to text Kai, wishing him a good day of college since he needed to go to classes. After that, I took a quick breakfast before gathering with the rest of my team in the hotel room. We discussed what would happen in the upcoming months and our return to Seoul. Everything would happen sooner than I expected, which made me feel worried. I'm leaving Kai by himself. And frankly, it wasn't what I wanted, but fortunately, I'll share time with him before going away.

Throughout my work, my team and I; started composing new songs for the upcoming albums. And also, we checked my schedule for the last few months. Indeed, I'll have a great time here in Australia, but I'm anxious to get started; I can't contain my energy.

Current time. – Hotel room.

I'm playing the bass while humming the lyrics of the new song. But suddenly, I looked around while feeling the vibe of the song. But then, my phone rang, making me sigh and pick it up. I looked at the number and realized Sam Tanner's number. He is one of Kai's friends.

"Hello?"

"Yeonjun, sorry for bothering you again. Do you think we can meet right now?" Sam questioned, sounding worried.

"Uh, sure. I'm in my hotel room, but aren't you in class?" I said, confused.

"The next class was with the principal's son, so he let me ditch the class since I'd like to have a word with you," Sam explained, making me feel concerned.

"Did something happen with Kai?" I asked.

"No, not yet."

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned, already unsettled.

"Yeonjun, I need to see you. There are things you need to know before following Kai's game."

"Game?" I thought, confused.

"Okay, yes. I'll send you the location of the hotel," I thoughtfully said; Sam's words playing in replay inside my head.

"Thanks, Yeonjun. See you in a minute," Sam said before ending the call, almost sounding in a hurry.

I placed my phone down before taking a deep breath and then put the bass back on the stand. Briefly, I stood up from the couch and walked towards the picture window. I rest my elbow against the glass while looking at the city from my floor.