Chapter 15: Not Looking Back

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

Days later.

CHOI YEONJUN

It's been almost a week since I returned from Australia with my team and Kai's aunt. The landing day was more hectic than I expected, there were several press members outside of the airport, and besides wanting information about my career, everybody asked Ms. Chu for news about Kai's health. Right after that, I returned to my house alongside my team and said goodbye to Ms. Chu. – The first things I saw on TV were about Kai and the story behind the tragedies inside his life. I didn't want to watch any of it since I needed him to tell me more about it when he woke up. However, I saw social media, listened to some podcasts, and read some articles: all talked about Kai's current situation. It was overwhelming. Seeing so many people talking about it was tough, but I was glad the media cared.

The last few days have been quiet. I haven't done anything new since I arrived. Only interviews and performances where I present the new EP, and still composing when I have the time. Nathan wanted me to have a break. After all, when my schedule ends, I go to the hospital to visit Kai. But I feel I'm doing well regardless of the sadness I endure inside me. And honestly, I'm glad I can do what I love in times like this. It makes me feel better and stay positive. – During these days, I also texted and talked with Kai's friends over the phone. Everybody had an eye on him since we left, and they even planned to visit Seoul to check on Kai. It was kind of them, but I asked everyone to finish their university year before coming over. After all, those guys were about to complete their last semester when everything went downhill.

I'm sitting next to Kai, holding his hand while trying to stay awake. It was almost midnight, but I still managed to come after my activities ended. I've been here for an hour and still want to stay all night only to see if he wakes up.

—There are things I want to tell you when you wake up. But I also wish we could start over, live a fresh start once you return – I murmured while looking at my hand holding Kai's. I sighed while fogging my head with numerous questions and concerns. I'm scared; I don't know what will happen once Kai wakes up.

"I hope Kai doesn't seek revenge," I thought.

—Why do I believe you shouldn't be here? – I heard someone ask, making me turn around to look towards the door, soon finding Kai's aunt entering the room.

—Ms. Chu – I said while looking at her, surprised—. I'm sorry for coming so late – I politely said.

—No, don't worry. I shouldn't be here either, but I feel the same way as you do. I want Kai to wake up and take him home – Ms. Chu admitted before sitting on the couch inside the room.

—Ms. Chu, do you think Kai will wake up soon? It's been almost a week since he was unconscious – I questioned while looking at Kai's aunt.

—The doctor said it might happen soon, so let's hope that tomorrow is that day – Ms. Chu spoke before smiling at me—. Yeonjun, does your manager know that you are here? – She asked, intrigued.

—Eh, no. I came after finishing my schedule, and I've been here for an hour – I explained.

—Why don't you go to your house, relax and sleep. Tomorrow, you can come any time – Ms. Chu suggested, making me glance at Kai—. I will take care of him, don't worry – Ms. Chu assured me before I nodded in response.

—Alright. I will come as soon as possible – I spoke before standing up from my seat, briefly leaning closer to Kai's head and kissing it. Soon, I said goodbye to Kai's aunt and exited the room.

I took a deep breath while walking through the hallways, thinking about how to go to sleep tonight without pulling an all-nighter again. - I took out my phone, looking at the locked screen with several notifications until one caught my eye.

"Kai's predator on the run. Nobody has found him yet, and people want answers."

As soon as I read the article's title, I sighed and felt frustrated by the sudden news. After all, that guy can be anywhere; he might even know that Kai is here in Seoul. I'm starting to wonder if I should stay and keep Kai company, but at the same time, I don't want to seem desperate, even though I feel that way sometimes.

"Go back home, relax, and come back tomorrow. Nothing will happen, Yeonjun," I thought.

I took a deep breath before going towards the reception area. Now, ready to call it a day after the tiring time I had this noon. Frankly, I felt exhausted, but I didn't want to miss my opportunity to see Kai despite his current condition. Somehow, I felt responsible for Kai's attack; I left him alone that day and forgot about his safety. Yet, I try not to beat myself over that thought since I want to let it all go and start over between us.

Minutes later.

I went back home and immediately showered. After that, I decided to rest and lay on the bed while looking at the ceiling. The night is quiet once again as I can't sleep at all. So, I took out my phone and surfed through the latest news.

"People want answers. What happened with Kai's predator?"

"Huening Kai, the victim of virtual violence, is still unconscious. And people are getting anxious for justice."

"Today, Chu Hana, the famously acclaimed designer, and Kai's aunt attended an interview about her nephew's health and current condition."

"Some of Kai's friends are coming to the hospital he's at to show support. And reports say that an unknown person is also visiting the victim. Maybe Kai's predator?"

I slightly snickered at the last article, which showed a picture of me with my cap and hoodie covering me from the cameras. I also have glasses and a mask while entering the building.

—It's not Blake Stevens. It's me – I spoke before locking my phone, then placing it on the bedside table.

I got comfortable against the pillows, trying to catch some sleep as I thought about tomorrow's day. After all, I don't have many things to do, and most of the day, I'm available to go to the hospital. - Whenever I visit Kai, I always go with Nathan, but tonight I came without his knowledge. There's no way to put it; the anxiousness of being with Kai won over my emotions and made me go to the hospital right away. However, I don't regret anything since I calmed down after seeing him. Fortunately, most of his wounds and bruises had healed, and the bandages on his head got removed two days ago. So far, it seems he's evolving well, but the last thing is to see Kai opening up his eyes.