Chapter 14: Passing Time

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney, Australia.

The following day.

CHOI YEONJUN

A day passed, and I couldn't stay away from the hospital. Nathan tried to bring me everything I needed for the night. Principal Quin and Kai's friends left the building to go home, relax, and then returned later to check on him. It's healthy for everybody to rest and get their energy back; however, nobody could take me away from this place. Hence, I stayed the night in Kai's room and slept on the couch while waiting for him to wake up.

Right now, I'm still looking at Kai from the couch, noticing I'm feeling exhausted from the 'bad' night I had. But briefly, someone came inside the room, making me open my eyes more. A tall, brown-haired woman walked towards Kai, looking concerned while staring at him. Briefly, she turned around and noticed me there.

—Morning, are you Choi Yeonjun? – The lady asked.

—Yes, ma'am – I nodded while standing up from the couch.

—It's a pleasure to meet you; I'm Kai's aunt, Chu Hana – Ms. Chu said before we shook hands—. Thank you for taking care of Kai. He will be happy to know you worry about him– She smiled before returning her attention to Kai.

—It's the least I could do after discovering what happened – I admitted, slightly smiling while looking at Kai.

—When we talked on the phone, Kai mentioned you a lot. He said: "Finally, someone didn't care about my struggles and reputation. It is the first time" – Ms. Chu smiled at the short remembrance.

—Did Kai say that? – I asked, surprised. Ms. Chu nodded in response, making me grin slightly.

—But Kai never told me that both of you were dating – Ms. Chu pointed out, making me remember what happened yesterday.

—Ah, yes! I guess Kai doesn't know either – I admitted, caressing the back of my head embarrassedly.

—I understand your bold statement; your manager explained everything to me. You must have the courage to say something like that out of the blue – Ms. Chu pointed out.

I stared at Kai before smiling—. No, I suppose I wanted to confess after the first week we met. But it was very soon to speak about feelings and all of that; he barely remembered me – I admitted before looking back at Kai's aunt—. Do you understand what I mean?

She nodded—. I remember you; you grew up well.

I smiled at her—. Thanks, but I'm confused. Why doesn't Kai know?

Ms. Chu sighed—. Kai tried to forget as much as he could from his past. Please, don't take it out on him.

—I deduced something similar before our talk. So, don't worry – I assured Ms. Chu.