Chapter 28: Logging Out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

Moving day.

HUENING KAI

A couple of days ago, I began to move my belongings to the new house, and fortunately, the paperwork finishes tomorrow. The previous owners gave me a welcoming gift to my new home before giving me the keys. – It was nice to meet kind-hearted people; I missed the sensation of knowing new faces. And somehow, meeting others made me remember the friends I left at university. – Since I returned to Seoul, I haven't contacted them, and it doesn't sit well with me. After all, those people helped me whenever I was in trouble or needed someone to comfort me.

As I continued to think about the past, I put the last boxes I brought from home with other furniture Hana gave me. There still are several things to buy and organize inside the house; however, the sensation of a new beginning was there in all its glory. – I continued to daydream about the final look of the house before my phone started ringing. Immediately, I placed the boxes inside, took the phone, and checked the screen.

"You again," I annoyedly thought.

I sighed before answering the call—. "Blake, hi," I said as soon as I placed the phone on my shoulder, holding it with my head as I resumed moving the boxes.

"Hey, Kai. I wanted to check on you; how's the moving going?" Blake curiously asked.

"I'm on it, but everything's great for now. What about you? What happened with at the court?" I questioned before taking a break, standing outside the entrance while waiting for Blake's answer.

"The jury allowed me to change my identity and start over. But I still need to stay home for most of the week," Blake explained.

"At least you got some more days outside," I pointed out.

"Yes, I'm glad about it. But I'll probably use those days to search for a new home and see where I can go from here," Blake admitted.

"Are you planning to change your name?" I asked.

"Yes. Definitely. And the same goes for my appearance; I suppose we got the same ending, but you are a good person that didn't deserve any of this," Blake said, once again blaming himself.

"Blake, the circumstances caused our endings, not you. You didn't want it to conclude this way," I sincerely said.

"But I created the blog, Kai. And honestly, I regret it, even though I did have fun," Blake admitted, causing me to chuckle slightly.

"I must say it, the blog's revelations were intense and fun. But promise me something, never try to do something similar," I told Blake, who immediately hummed in response.