Chapter 21: Unpplaned Disclosure

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

Moments later.

HUENING KAI

Just now, the interview crew left my house, and finally, I could relax. - I can't deny that my anxiety grew tremendously due to the questions thrown my way; however, everything went better than expected. It was like a lucky strike; I thought I couldn't answer without stuttering. But once everything ended, the interview made me feel grateful since I could speak about my background without fear.

I am sitting down while eating dinner with Yeonjun and my aunt. So far, Hana has taken the wheel of the conversation; she felt just as happy as me since Yeonjun was here. - I could tell that my aunt enjoyed seeing me close to him; after all, she wanted me to feel at home and have friends like before. – I acknowledge that Hana wishes for someone to guide me after my traumatic experience with people my age; perhaps Hana believes I can't trust others. And she isn't wrong.

Occasionally, I could hear my aunt talking about my goals to Yeonjun; it disturbed me when she mentioned them. Unfortunately, after the media exposed my life, I didn't feel excited explaining my future ideas to others. Now, they seem very far from me.

—Kai intended to join the entertainment industry and manage part of the marketing area inside an agency – Hana explained before tasting more of the dessert I specially made for her, chocolate mousse.

I rolled my eyes when I heard my aunt's words, but I continued to distract myself while playing with the fork.

—It sounds interesting; the entertainment industry would be fascinated with Kai's help in that area – Yeonjun sincerely spoke.

—I know that Kai has the potential to follow his dreams, but his direction has changed. Hasn't it, Kai? – Hana questioned, causing me to focus more on their conversation.

—Yes. I have other ideas, but nothing's guaranteed to happen – I subtly smiled before taking a deep breath—. I finished eating; I'll go upstairs to prepare the room for Yeonjun – I said before politely standing up.

—I'll go with you! We can finish before if I help you out – Yeonjun said before eating the last piece of his dessert and immediately stood up from his seat.

My aunt giggled—. Go ahead. I'll make some calls while you have some fun upstairs – Hana said before I nodded in response.

Yeonjun politely thanked my aunt for the invitation, and then we fled from the dining room.

—You cook like an angel! I can't wait for the next time you invite me over – Yeonjun happily spoke, causing me to scoff at his words.

—Thanks for the compliments. I suppose I have to cook for you more often to see that smile frequently – I mentioned while going upstairs to the rooms.