Chapter 52 ~ Challenge

I was really pissed off on how she shows her attitude even though she knows her place

"Are you desperate to get hurt?", I asked and she ignored which drove me more mad.

"Calm down. You're not supposed to get tensed while eating, not good for health.", Luca said and I looked down at my food eating ignoring her.

After I was done eating, I gulped a glass of water and I looked at her who was looking at me blankly.

"What?", I asked and she shook her head slowly.

"Nothing..", she said in a low voice and went back to the kitchen.

"How's Franco?"

"The tumor is not malignant. We can remove it through surgery and if it's delayed, it can cause serious health issues.", He said.

"Why do you ask? You're gonna kill him anyway?"

"It's not that.. I was just curious."

"You're not curious about your wife's heath condition?", He asked and I glared at him.

"She's not my fucking wife.", I said angrily.

"You're not divorced yet. Then it means she's still your wife.", He said.

"Why I have to divorce her when she's gonna die soon and-"

"And you're going to be a widower.", He said.

"Can you just shut your fucking mouth? I hate her and why are you talking like I'm still in love with her?"

"You are, Xavier."

"How do you say? My love for her is completely destroyed the day I came to know she killed my sister."

"Remember well, Xavier. When you came to know she died, you gave her body a proper burial without knowing it's her. And, just few days ago, when her nose was bleeding and passed out, you carried her all way to the hospital."

"I thought of giving her a proper burial in sake of humanity.."

"Humanity and you aren't a match, buddy. Would you have given the dead body a burial if you came to know it's Anna?", He asked and I stayed silent.

Would have I?

"No, right? That shows you still have love for her. When you don't want to know what happened to her, I really thought your love is vanished but I rethought twice.."

"We have many work apart from this..", I said getting up escaping from the situation.

"I want coffee.", He said without getting up.

"Come on, we have many fucking works to be done.", I said and he turned to the other side.

"Get your ass up Luca fucking Santoro!"