[229]

Yn Lestrange/Snape POV

It's currently 3 am and I'm in the library writing the 800 lines for my father. Just then I heard something falling and I stand up immediately. I grab my wand and walk closer. I see a book on the floor and look confused. As I take it to my hands I read "MARAUDERS" as a title. What's that? I take it and go to sit back down. I finish writing the lines with my perfect handwriting (lies) and then I put my whole attention into the book. I started reading.

"ORGANISATION INFORMATION

FOUNDER(S)

James Potter
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Peter Pettigrew (disowned)

FOUNDED

c. 1971

DISSOLVED

1978

KNOWN MEMBERS

Sirius Black
James Potter
Remus Lupin
Peter Pettigrew

INTENTIONS

Create a map that shows the entirety of Hogwarts (except unplottable areas)
To bully and antagonise Severus Snape
To support Remus Lupin during his monthly transformations
To protect Harry Potter at any cost

AFFILIATION

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Gryffindor
Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter
Death Eaters (Pettigrew, defected)

ENEMIES

Severus Snape
Argus Filch
Slytherin
Death Eaters
Lord Voldemort

There were four heroes as it were in the previous generation and one of them betrayed the others, and then there were the three. So I wanted Harry to be surrounded by... James and Sirius and Lupin, all of whom had died in a way for him. You know Lupin had laid down his life in Harry's battle, he didn't have to come back, he didn't have to fight. James had died trying to protect the family; Sirius very obviously had died fighting along with Harry.

The Marauders were a group of four Gryffindors and classmates: Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black, and James Potter. The four attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1971-1978. They had a knack for rule-breaking and mischief-making. While at Hogwarts they also created the Marauder's Map, which continued to help future generations of mischief-makers.

The Marauders would all go on to fight in the First Wizarding War and some in the second. They were also participants in the original Order of the Phoenix, an organisation led by Albus Dumbledore in the struggle against the Dark Lord, Voldemort.

All of the Marauders died whilst protecting Harry Potter from Voldemort or his Death Eaters, including Peter Pettigrew. Peter did not kill Harry because of a life debt he owed him. As a result, Harry was able to escape and he and his friends were saved from further torture.

Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs
Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief Makers
Are proud to present
THE MARAUDER'S MAP

The Marauders' strong friendship began in their first year at Hogwarts. Sirius and James met on the train and had been inseparable ever since and the two met Remus and Peter afterwards. By their fifth year, all but Remus Lupin, who was a werewolf, had secretly become unregistered Animagi in order to assist Remus during his transformations. James Potter's Animagus form was a shining red stag (Prongs), Sirius Black's was a shaggy black dog (Padfoot), and Peter Pettigrew's was a fat grey rat (Wormtail).

As 'Padfoot' and 'Prongs', Sirius and James were large enough to control Remus (Moony) during his monthly transformations into a werewolf. 'Wormtail' (Peter) was small and nimble enough to get past the Whomping Willow's defences, so the group could get to the Shrieking Shack. The Marauders were frequently out of their beds at night to explore Hogwarts' grounds and the village of Hogsmeade during Lupins' transformation.