16

~ Author's Note ~

Wow I love you Ferran with your Adam's apple and your low voice and your amazingly honest and slightly dry sense of humor love you bae

PHIL AGAIN

Jadrien's Perspective

Everyone was there. Alejandro, Ferran, Ansu, Pedri, Gavi, Nico, and Isabella, and of course me and Eric, the hosts. "Eric, is the food ready?" I asked him for about the tenth time.

"Uh, yeah, but we're gonna wait a few minutes until we eat," he said, sitting down in the living room with the next of us. I was sitting on the sofa between Ferran on my right and Alejandro on my left.

"Why?" Ansu asked before I could in a much more annoyed tone.

"I just think we should," he said with a knowing smile.

"Good!" Ansu grinned. "That means we can start our Monopoly game, then."

"Monopoly?" Gavi asked, sounding unimpressed.

"Yeah, Monopoly, Gavi. You just don't wanna play because you'll know you'll loose, you little teenager."

"Poor Gavi," Nico had said, patting his friend's shoulder. "You want to get home to your parents?"

"Hey, I want to, too," Pedri had said in annoyance at this comment. "We're both flying home tomorrow morning."

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm just teasing," Nico had rolled his eyes.

Then Isabella said promptly, "Well, I'm going to get the Monopoly board!" She knew exactly where it would be, since she had visited this house many times, and was a very close friend to me, like a second sister, and to Eric a good friend as well.

Suddenly, there was a ring of the doorbell, and everyone looked at Eric in confusion, waiting for an answer as to who could be there. Eric shrugged, saying, "I don't know why the delivery man would be here at this time. It's dinner hour. Maybe... All I can think of is Jade, could it be your agent?"

I remember sighing, shaking my head in disbelief. "Probably, knowing her. She comes here at the weirdest times instead of just calling me, because I never pick up."

I remember Alejandro, Ansu, and Pedri chuckled at that one as I pulled myself up to go to the door.

I didn't even look through the window on the door first before I pulled open the door, starting to say in an annoyed tone, "What do you wa-" Then my mouth dropped when I saw who it was.

"Phil!" I exclaimed, grabbing his face, kissing his cheeks, and giving him a huge hug. Next to him was Rebecca, and they both looked very nice.

He laughed, saying, "Hey, Jadrien." 

I pulled away from him to give Rebecca a greeting hug, too. I knew she was aware of my long-lasting crush on Phil, but she didn't really care. One time she even said to me, "Well, I get why you like him. I love him too, obviously. Good thing he doesn't care one bit for you in that way."

I stepped away, still grinning, looking at the two of them, "Did Eric invite you?"

"Yeah, and we figured, 'Aw, why not come over to Barcelona for a short Christmas vacation before getting home for the 25th?'" Phil explained. "We thought it'd be great to see you, Eric, and Ferran once more, and meet their new teammates."

"Sure, sounds good. Well come on in," I held the door open for them, and as I brought them to the living room, I suddenly asked, "Wait, what 'bout your babies?"

"Oh, they're being taken care of by a friend," Rebecca smiled. "You know, we'll be back in no time. We left today in the afternoon and will be back late morning tomorrow. It's a short flight, as I'm sure you know."

"How are your kids?"

"They're good; they-" But then we entered the living room, and everyone was excited to see Phil. Apparently, it was also a surprise for Ferran, who's whole face lit up as he leaped up off the couch to give Phil a big bear hug. It was quite funny to see the taller, heavier, bigger Ferran hug poor Phil so tightly, and nearly everyone laughed, and the mood was so good in that room.

He then shook hands with Gavi, Ansu, Alejandro, Pedri, Nico, and Isabella. All the guys who couldn't speak English (which was all of them but Ferran and Eric) simply did friendly things like smiling and saying, "Hola, mucho gusto," or a few of them know enough English to say, "Hello, Phil. Good to meet you."

Phil was very kind and said with kind nods, "Gracias."

Isabella, though, like me, Ferran, and Eric, can speak English. In fact, she's very into learning languages, and knows Spanish, English, Italian, German, Basque, and Catalan. So she spoke to Phil, "Well, it's good to meet you, finally. I've heard so much about you..."

"Have you?" he grinned, glancing at me.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. I was sure Isabella was about to humiliate me about my very long crush for Phil right in front of him, but oh well. He already knew I liked him, so I didn't really matter. And most of the guys in that room couldn't even understand what was being said, anyway.

Well, I guess Ferran could understand, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't already know about it, too. You wouldn't guess it, but footballers gossip about just as much as middle school girls do.

"Yeah," Isabella grinned, flipping her hair. She imitated my voice, saying, "'Phil's sooo hot, Isabella. Oh so muy guapo! And so sexy! I miss Phil so much! Too bad he literally has a girlfriend and two kids!'" She continued to go on, and I plopped down on the couch, feeling so embarrassed, burying my head in my hands.

Alejandro understood enough of what Isabella was saying and what was going on in order to put a comforting arm around my back, and Phil finally interrupted Isabella, saying, with a nervous laugh, "Alright, yeah, yeah, I know, I know."

"Right, how about we eat now?" Eric asked. "Jade, do me a favor and-"

"You've been saying that to me all day, Eric! Do me and favor and blah blah blah."

"Jade, come on now-"

Suddenly Ferran interrupted him, saying, "What is it? I can do it."

"Oh, sure, thanks, Ferran, but you don't need to."

"No, it's fine."

"A chair in the first room in the basement. Could you get it? The basement door is left of the front door. It should be in the left back corner."

"Oh, yeah, sure, of course. Jeez, Eric, you're so rude, ordering your sister to be trudging up and down stairs, carrying furniture."

Eric grinned at Ferran's lighthearted teasing with a shrug. "Whatever. Thanks, Ferran."

And, so yeah, two super hot guys that I had fallen for years before were in my home now. Not just one.