32

~ Author's Note ~

This one ended up being pretty long compared to normal but I think you'll guys find that it is very worth it. It's a great chapter. Definitely one of my favourites in this book so far.

This is just nearly 2000 words long, so be prepared, and enjoy <3

NIGHTTIME WALK

Jadrien's Perspective

I continue to look up at Ferran, feeling surprised. I glance at Eric, who is also looking just as surprised at Ferran. "Uh... I mean, she's an adult... If she wants to go with you...? Obviously I'm not in charge of either of you- it's not my choice to decide. But what on earth do you have to talk ab-"

"If it were your business, I'd just talk about it in front of you."

Eric just nods slowly at this.

"I want to go for a walk with you," Ferran says, looking back to me. "A long one, if you're not too tired."

"Uh... okay?"

"Eric, you don't have to stay around."

"Why...?" Eric eyes, eyebrows furrowing, eyes squinting. "What are you going to do with my sis-"

"It's Ferran, Eric. And I'm not stupid. And your not in charge of either of us. Whatever you're thinking of, it's fine, Eric. Just go back to the hotel. You keep yawning. You're tired."

"It's not good to be walking around at night in a cit-"

"We'll be fine," Ferran says. "I'll make sure of it. Just want to go for a walk."

Eric stands, looking between the two of us for a few seconds, before nodding and turning, saying, "Just call me if anything comes up, guys. Bye, Jade. Love you."

"Love you, too. Sleep well!" I call after him, finally standing up off the bench.

The two of us just stand there for a few seconds, waiting for Eric to walk off and be out of sight, before Ferran just starts walking in long but slow strides. I walk alongside him, saying softly, "Uh, so... Ferran, what's up?"

"Nothing much... How have you been? Like, I mean, ever since our dinner together. How have you been, really?"

We walk in silence for a few seconds, before I finally say with a sigh, "Not too great."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to talk to you about something. That's why I want to go on a walk with you."

I nod, glancing up at his face, looking forward. The streetlights are reflecting in his eyes and we walk, and as we walk past a corner, the red from the light reflects on his face. "This... feels nice."

"What does?"

"Walking with you on a cool night in the city."

He's silent for a few seconds this time, before answering, "You know, Jadrien, I agree."

We keep walking, and I figure that if Ferran has something to talk to me about, he'll start talking about it in his timing. Especially if this walk is going to be a long one, like he said.

"So, how's work?" Ferran asks me.

"Good. It's good. Really good. I've got a fashion show I've got to get to soon."

He nods, and says, to my embarrassed surprise, "Maybe I'll have to watch it. What channel will it be on?"

I feel myself blushing as I tell him.