25

~ Author's Note ~

Yo! I'm back, guys, and super pumped to keep writing this fan fiction!

KISSED ME

Jadrien's Perspective

Well, I thought that that little talk I had on that day with Ferran would fix everything.

And I suppose in some ways it did fix it all. But, as I expected anyway, our relationship hadn't grown at all. At least now he didn't blatantly avoid me, but obviously he didn't go out of his way to engage with me. And because he didn't, and I was too nervous to, things went absolutely no where.

And then the World Cup happened, which was confusing, exciting, and honestly crazy, as well. Eric went, obviously, and so I did too. Why not take a nice trip to Qatar to watch football? Right? And plus, I was thinking, Ferran is playing on the national team. Not only would I be able to watch my brother, but also Ferran Torres, just like how it was in Manchester City, and in Barcelona. It has always seemed to me that those two can never get away from each other. Somehow, they always end up at the same place. And I honestly can't say I mind it, either.

Well, the World Cup was disappointing. Eric played in no games whatsoever, and Spain got out way too early. Ferran played well, I thought, at least, and I cheered him on the whole time. And of course I stayed to watch Croatia, because although I cannot even remember being in that country, and Spain is my country, I decided that if Spain was out of the picture, then the next team I would support would be Croatia, where I was born.

And then, just like that, the World Cup ended and we all headed back home to Spain.

And somehow, after all that craziness, life has continued on.

Suddenly, my brother says, "Alright, only five more minutes until we get to our destination," and I'm snapped back into reality.

How, I think to myself in shock, did I just spend all that time simply thinking about it all?

Before I can answer my own question, though, Eric says, "So, what has had you in such deep thoughts this whole ride?"

I swallow, still staring out the window, as I have been for hours as I have thought. "You'll just roll your eyes at me. And say what you always do."

"Ohhh," my brother laughs, and I look over to see him grinning knowingly. "You're right, I am rolling my eyes. You're dreaming about Ferran."

"Shut up," I sigh, leaning my head on the window as Eric likely rolls his eyes.

"Well, in a matter of minutes, Jade, you'll be seeing him, anyway, likely."

I sigh, feeling my face heat up at this truth, even after all this time of liking him. Of wanting him. Of remembering him, and dreaming about him.

Pretty soon, we arrive at the house. It is pretty big- a bit bigger than the house me, Alicia, and Eric grew up in, and a tad bit smaller, it appears, than the house that me and Eric currently share. "So, who's house is this, exactly, anyway?"

"I don't know," chuckles Eric, and I look over at him in surprise and confusion, before he very quickly elaborates with: "but I know that it was Kounde who rented it out for this big ass party. It looks nice, and apparently it was this one specifically because of the nice lawn and spacious family room. Kind of a shame that it literally had to be two hours away from where we live, huh? Or do you not really car, because it was just another excuse to dream about my friend?"