Chapter Six: Forgotten

Sojiro is oddly silent when he picks me up from Juvenile Detention, refusing to meet my gaze. When we reach Leblanc, I walk inside, and there she is.

"FUTABA!" I rush to her, and wrap my arms around her, holding her as tight as I can. I look up to see Ryuji and Ann shaking their heads vigorously. Futaba suddenly pushes me away.

"I know it's been a while, but that's a bit much, buddy." I take a step back, shocked.

"Oh... Ok, sorry... I'll... just go over there then." I rush upstairs, the entire crew following after me, sans Futaba as she asks Sojiro what that was about.

When we finally are all seated, save for myself, I whisper yell,

"What... the HELL... just happened?"

Morgana stamps his paw. "I can't believe Boss didn't tell you on the way here!"

"Tell me what?!"

Ryuji stands up, and sits me down on my bed, putting his arm over my shoulder. "Dude... Futaba forgot about the two of you... EVER dating... She doesn't even remember confessing, and we've been asking how she feels about you, and the level of plutonic is off the charts."

"PLAtonic, babe." Ann corrects him.

Haru grips my hand. "I think when she hit her head on that rock, it must have caused brain trauma of some kind. I tried everything I could with my powers to bring her back while the Metaverse was still alive, but... I'm so sorry."

I feel... cold.

*******

Akira slumps over onto my shoulder, his eyes dead and cold, a single tear rolling down his cheek. Morgana hops up into his lap, headbutting Akira's stomach. "Hey... Are you ok?"

"I'm... I'm... Fine. Please leave me alone for a bit." The others slowly stand, making their way to the stairs, Ann holding out her hand for me to take. I slowly stand as well, leaving Akira on his own. Morgana hops up onto my shoulder, sighing. When we get downstairs, Futaba is smiling.

"Hey, what's with all the long faces, guys? WE WON!" Makoto is the first one out the door, not one of us looking over at Futaba. "Guys? What's wrong?" Ann, Morgana and I are the last ones out. "Was it something I said?"