Chapter Twenty Five - Promise

I walk up onto the stage as my name is called, and take my Diploma from the principal, and I return to my seat. After a few more names are called, they release us and I run toward Dad and Akira

When I reach him, Akira grabs me by the hips and lifts, spinning me through the air. "I'm so proud of you, 'Taba!!" I grin, and press a kiss to his lips. After the incident with Lavenza, I slowly regained all my lost memories, and from what we can tell, I'm back to my old self! Akira and I have been dating for over two years now, and I've basically moved into the Attic room at Leblanc. Now I've graduated, and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

"You did good, kiddo. We're all really proud of you." Dad pats me on the back, and I give him a hug too. When I turn back around, Akira is on one knee. My eyes go wide. There's no way... No fucking way...

"Futaba... I've loved you for years, and I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else... Futaba Sakura... Will you Marry me?" He opens the box, a beautiful ring with something inscribed on it glimmering gold. I can't speak... I'm in shock... Say SOMETHING dammit!

"Yes." I said it! "YES!!! OF COURSE I'LL MARRY YOU!!!" His face splits into a grin, and he kisses me again, sliding the ring onto my finger, and I read the inscription.

Time to make like Mary and I smile, and kiss him again as Sojiro yells to someone,

"SHE SAID YES!" We separate, and are suddenly bombarded with hugs, all except for Ann getting into the group hug, her pregnant belly clearly at risk, her own wedding ring glistening. Yells of congratulations from the Phantom Thieves so loud, we wouldn't be able to hear anything outside if we tried. 

I whisper in his ear, "I love you, and you'll always be my Key Item." As we kiss one last time, everything goes dark.