Ch 17

Quickly Taehyung sat up and began chomping down his food in excitement to see his mother's letter. Tears coated his eyes and the queen looked at his features with a solemn yet sad face. However she toughened the moment he glanced at her with his hands forward begging for his mother's letter.

The queen gave it to him and he bit his lips unable to stop his smile. The queen walked away a bit away waiting for Taehyung to read it's content. She didn't bridge the privacy by doing so first yet was surely curious. 

However judging by Taehyung's looks he didn't seem happy. He looked shocked with big teary eyes and a open mouth. "Y-You are lying this is not my mother's letter." He grumbled. 

"I can be anything but a liar. What will I get lying to you. Your country is already mine and your people have been captured. Of course your father perished and mother, sister and her husband fled. The search is on for them but this letter was written by your mother before she left. That's what one of the captured soldiers said." Y/n explained. 

"Impossible...my mother would never write this!" Taehyung exclaimed. "She would never tell me that I was a mistake in her life. She would never say I should just rot in your cell! Moreover she would never blame me for father's death! You forced her to write this right?! She would never blame me for our defeat!" 
"I don't care. I had the decency to pass it down to you. After all you will be married to me in 3 days." Y/n added smirking as she looked at him. 

"Marry you! Why would I?! And what would you get marrying me! You already have Kimseong." Taehyung cried. "I have the land but I need the people too. I don't want rebellions. Although my ladies are enough to suppress your  people, I want total submission. That can be achieved when their ruler submits. You, the elder prince." Y/n added softly with a sinister look. 

"You are thinking high of me. The actual successor of Kimseong was Han Gyu Man. My brother in law!" Taehyung barked as he stood up. "You really think a perverse low class male will be considered the future king in the eyes of your people? Believe it or not they would rather wish to submit to a prince who risked his life in the battlefield in place of an incompetent general who brought Kimseong to it's dooms day." Taehyung's eyes widened at her words. 

"Your father probably chose him since he wanted to control the army and expand his land. However he forgot that brains are more powerful than might. You had the brains to try and stop them. You also showed your might by trying to help despite never picking a sword while the general and his wife who were supposed to be the rulers fled." Y/n added making Taehyung speechless.

He looked down unable to counter. "Moreover I would be glad to have a beautiful man submit to me in every possible way." She added closing the gap between them. Taehyung saw this and tried to step back but fell butt first on the bed. Y/n placed one of her knee on one side of Taehyung as she touched his cheek while trapping him. "Physically, emotionally and mentally be mine Taehyung. Become the second king of Seodong"   

Taehyung looked at her with a mix of emotions. Fear and confusion. 
"And If I refuse." "You guys started it by attacking us. I will end it by taking everything from you." Y/n whispered kissing his forehead and leaving him all alone with a rapidly beating heart. 

Tears left his eyes as he covered his mouth. "The handwriting is hers...why mother why would you betray me?" He thought to himself as he wept. Y/n secretly looked at the crying male and felt a pang of sadness. However she knew she needed to visit someone else first. 

Seokjin.