Ch 29

After taking just a chariot in the dead of night, the prince fled to Seodong with hope and happiness. After a year of suffering in his own land his mind was finally much more fresh and he felt much more satisfied. All he wanted was to meet the queen and be accepted. 

Around the afternoon Jungkook reached Seodong's gates and was confronted by the strong and taller female guards. "Hmm what do you want?" They asked eyeing him up and down. "I wish to meet the queen. Is there anyways I can meet her? I am the second prince of Quijing. I really need to meet the queen." one guard looked at the other and then turned back at Jungkook. 

Jungkook wore fine clothes without any gems and pearls thus they were not sure what to expect. "You may look like a prince...but why are you all alone?" "I have escaped my palace. Please let me meet the queen." "We are sorry but we can't let you meet the queen so easily. You don't even have a royal emblem that can prove us your identity." They spoke firmly. "So can I meet anyone who went to Qujing last year for the river crisis? They can vouch for me." The soldiers looked at each other. "Fine. However for safety reasons we must bind your hands. Is that acceptable for you? If you refuse we can't let you inside." They added. Jungkook felt humiliated. 

"Even if I can't prove my identity, I am a prince. You are saying you, mere guards will bind my hands? Preposterous!" Jungkook gritted. "In your land. We are the guards who guard Seodong with our life. You can't even prove your identity so how can we allow you. If you can't handle this then you are welcome to go back where you came from." the lady replied. 

Jungkook took a deep breath realizing the situation he is in. His dignity is at stake. But now it's late to return. Everyone must have known of his disappearance. Now must move forward. "Fine. Tie me." Jungkook added with a sad defeated face.  The guards tied his hands securely and 3 women took him to one of their generals after switching with some insiders who went to the gates. The general had visited Qujing with the queen at that time. 
"Good afternoon general we somebody who claims to be the second prince of Qujing. He is here alone after running off Qujing and doesn't have any royal emblems. He requests to meet with our supreme highness and we need your confirmation for his identity." The general's eyes squinted. "That's something unique I am hearing, show me this man." The general added surprised. 

Jungkook was shown and he proudly stood in front of the older lady. The general was shocked as it was actually the second prince. "He is indeed the prince Qujing. Please accept my greetings, young prince." The general added and slightly bowed. 

"Good afternoon general. May I get to see the supreme queen?" Jungkook added as the ropes were released making him free again. "I will need to make an appointment young prince. Till then please rest in our guest quarters. Allow me to get some men to serve you." The kind general added. Jungkook smiled feeling much more at ease. 

After the queen got word from the general she asked the general to present Jungkook to her. 
Jungkook felt his heart pound as he was presented to the queen. The queen was surprised when he explained everything. She knew the prince was attracted to her, but she forgot about it and thought he will get over it. But here he was, a year later standing and saying. 

"I left everything Supreme Highness Y/n, please accept me as your husband." He added falling on his knees giving away his last ounce of dignity to be with the person he obsessed over for so long. 

But Y/n's facial muscles clenched. "My apologies...young prince. However....I can't marry you." 
Jungkook looked up with big eyes and a wide open mouth. "W-What." He whispered only audible to himself. The queen rose to her feet. Walking towards him she helped him stand. "You are a prince. I haven't chosen you nor won you in any battle to claim you as my husband. I deeply appreciate your adoration for me but you are extremely young and I don't want to have a conflict with Qujing. We have neutral relations and I can't have them destroyed." She added speaking firmly. 

"I request you to return to your land. I will give you supple horses and a few men to attend to you in the journey." The queen added as she turned around to leave. "I can't go back now." Jungkook almost shouted. His eyes held pain. "I-I have...There has not been a single day since the day you left Qujing that I have not thought of you. Each day you kept flooding my memories. I-I can't go back now. I didn't come here a year back because I wanted to forget you but I couldn't. So here I am...please. Don't humiliate my love by sending me back." Jungkook added angrily. 

"I am not humiliating you second prince. I am just being logical and liberal. I have married 3 men and I have won 2 of them from battles. Battles I know I will win. Battles I chose to fight. But Qujing is a country I don't wish to battle. I don't wish to battle unnecessarily and I know if I battle Qujing it will end bloody. Extremely bloody. I wish to use my resources to enlighten my country and bring in advancement to what I already have." Y/n explained. 
"You know I am a prince. A prince who has dignity and respect like royalty in your palace." Jungkook added feeling betrayed. "I know, that's why I am telling you that it's better to go back." Y/n explained. "No. Either I die here today or you promise to marry me." Jungkook added standing tall and stubborn. 

The queen who had her back against the prince smirked getting interested. She knew that now battle is unavoidable. Even if Jungkook is alive or dead. So might as well take the better option. 
"Alright. This is your decision. Now hear mine." Y/n turned around with a numb facial expression.

"I will marry you if..."